NCL Dawn or Carnival Dream?

Gardeneroflove

I keep flip flopping.

Our options, suite on Carnival Dream or mini Suite on NCL Dawn. We've cruised both lines before but NOT WITH KIDS.

My kid LOVED disney. RCCL the pool slide was a hit and she made a friend her age.

Speicfic questions:

kid clubs open house hours? We're not the drop kid off type (well, dh isn't, I'd love an hour alone with my husband)

family activies?

toy lending?

which one is more family fun? RCCL, not much to do other than swim or play with the toddler toys in the nursary, and she was the only kid. On disney we had character breakfast, and meet and greets, dance parties, family crafts, wake up with disney jr and toddler time.

I'm looking for which one would be more fun for us, family with a 4 year old. She's pretty easy to have fun with.

Does either ship have a theater? (our only chance to watch a movie, if they had a kid movie that's be a huge plus!)

I see Carnival has "character parade, interactive story time, arts & crafts activities, " are those open activities or set to the kid's club, without parents?

(background on us, I'm a sahm, dh works, so cruise is a way for them to spend time together, and us as a family, thus we want activites as a family, not just drop her off).

any pro/cons for either ship for any reason?

which would you book?

I love love the Dawn, we are booked for our fourth trip on her next year. I know nothing about he Miracle and have never sailed Carnival. But if you are happy with Carnival I would lean toward the suite on Dream vs. a mini suite of Dawn.

Dawn does have a kids pool area with a small water slide that would probably be good for a 4 year old. It does not have a movie theater (it was removed between our first and second trips). They may show a few movies in either the atrium or the big theater, not sure about that. NCL does have some planned family activities (stuff like cupcake decorating and balloon animals) but no characters on Dawn. I will let someone else fill in kids club details as DS is not old enough for the drop off program yet, though I am fairly sure adults are not allowed into the kids area except during sign up the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The NCL Dawn does not have the regular size waterslides by the main pool. Found this out the hard way; upon boarding. No main pool waterslides are a dealbreaker for us. Now I know to check before booking.

I have mentioned this on other threads and people always get on my case about needing the waterslide so badly. They don't understand and I don't feel the need to explain it. Just want you to know there isn't one. There is the toddler type by the toddler pool.