Looking for someone who had went snuba

Finzo's

Just need some info.. Like how long do you get to go down?? Is it really worth the $$$???? We will be doing this in the Cayman Island, we've done sting ray city and not sure what else to do... this looks awesome... someone give us some insite and let me know your experience.

thanks in advance

I have done snuba once, not in the Caymans, so I'm sure all tours are different....but the experience was so awesome, in fact, I am going back to Hawaii next month and plan on going snubaing (if that is even a word!) twice during the 9 days that I am there! I think we were probably only down for 35 minutes, which might not sound like very long, but I definitely thought it was worth the money I paid. You go down about 20', which is pretty far, I had no problem w/ my ears. I was a little apprehensive, but the instructor did a great job of checking on me, I had a bouyancy problem, kept floating back up, and he just came over and added more weight to my belt til we got it right. The one thing to think about is that you will be tethered to another person ( so go w/ someome you know), unfortunately for me, I was hooked up with some little 12 y/o kid who wanted to stray from the group and I found myself constantly tugging on him! I rented on of the big cameras from the boat operater (for an additional $40), but I have some of the most beautiful pics,, especially of my little 4' reef shark that I was following around! I don't know if pics from a disposable will come out that good when you are under 20', maybe someone else has experience in this area. As for me, I am going to a few dive and camera shops today to see about underwarer housings for both my digital and digital video camera so I can be set up and ready for Hawaii! If you have anymore questions, just ask, but like I said in the beginning, before I started babbling, I would highly reccommend trying it!!!!!

DH and I did this on a cruise a couple of years ago, and I'm so glad we did! The experience was exhilerating, and very useful - DH had thought about scuba diving, but I was too scared. We have snorkeled many times, so this was going to be a compromise. About twenty years ago, DH had some surgery on his middle ear, and going down the 15 or 20 feet that we did was excruciatingly painful for him. I was so nervous about being able to breathe, that I bit right through the rubber mouthpiece that holds the breathing tube! We're really glad we did it, though, because it was something we would have regretted NOT trying. Just about everyone on our excursion loved it, and we now know that we can never go scuba diving, and we don't have to do the snuba thing again either. It makes us appreciate snorkeling all the more! My advice? Try it. As I said, even though we won't do it again, we're glad we did try it.

Self, DH, 18yo DS, and 13 yo DD did this in Cozumel this past spring. It was fantastic! We stayed down about 20 minutes on snuba portion of excursion (the other two spots were snorkel stops and others who had signed up given opportunity to snuba also). We had such a good time that we are in process of getting fully SCUBA certified, so can stay under even longer:)

I recommend that you don't use a flash. It tends to reflect off of the plankton and debris in the water and creates all kinds of white spots in your shots. I've tried both with and without a flash and the pictures without a flash always come out looking much better.

Archived