Tampa pre-cruise hotels

Jay Sam

Hello folks. I live in the Tampa Bay area so haven't had to do a pre-cruise hotel stay. Needing information for a friend, as I have little first hand experience for prices, locations and transfer to the port. I know the area well, but just not the particulars. Thanks for any help. I appreciate.

A few years ago we stayed at the Doubletree on Cypress. Clean, quiet, we felt safe, closer to the airport than the cruise terminal, but I do remember it being a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal (maybe 10 - 12 minutes).

We like the Marriott Waterfront - a bit pricey, but within walking distance of the terminal and attractions. We like to rise early and walk down to watch the ships come in. It also has a great open area inside and a patio area on the water.

Hello folks. I live in the Tampa Bay area so haven't had to do a pre-cruise hotel stay. Needing information for a friend, as I have little first hand experience for prices, locations and transfer to the port. I know the area well, but just not the particulars. Thanks for any help. I appreciate.

We stayed in the Rocky Point area at the Chase Suites. There were five of us. There was a nice restaurant close by called the Bahama Breeze. They had a shuttle from the airport and to the port. Also a very nice breakfest buffet.

We really enjoyed the Embassy Suites in Brandon. Less expensive than the downtown hotels, and great for us because there were restaurants and grocery stores nearby to pick up last minute items. We drove in from Atlanta in our own car, so transportation wasn't an issue. It only took about 10-15 minutes to drive to the port.

For a REAL close one to the port, try Hampton Inn & Suites at 1301 E. 7th Ave, Tampa. 813-247-6700. You can see the ship from the hotel on this one, and they used to offer parking while cruising, and a shuttle to the ship. Don't know if they still do, or not, but it's worth a phone call. Another one of my favorites, is The Tahitian Inn, at 601 S. Dale Mabry, Tampa, 813-877-6721. Recently renovated, and reasonably priced. They too, used to offer parking, and shuttle service.

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster
Additional info

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Westshore last year. Nice hotel for a great price. It includes a nightly reception with free drinks and appetizers as well as a hot buffett breakfast. The hotel is across the street from the Westshore mall with a good choice of restaurants to eat dinner at. There is also a Walgreens a block away for last minute supplies. A cab to the port was $25 plus tip.

I currently live in the Tampa Bay area but previously lived in Indianapolis. We often flew into Tampa for cruises and used the Holiday Inn Rocky Point for our pre-cruise hotel of choice. We did not rent a car so it was nice having an airport shuttle. In addition, the hotel provided a very decent breakfast buffet, and round-trip shuttle service to the port.

Directly next door to the Holiday Inn Rocky Point is the Hampton RP and Chase Suites RP. I am pretty darn sure that these two hotels also offer the same type cruise pkg that includes the round trip shuttle. The transportation back to the airport from the port is a savings of $25 so that is a nice perk to have in a cruise package.

There is a Bahama Breeze restaurant between the 3 hotels. The Rocky Point area is located 5 minutes from Tampa airport and about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port. The entire area overlooks the Bay ...... a very nice setting and view for pre-cruise.