Using Cash as onboard spending

TurnLeftKasey

I have read the NCL website - it says Cash accounts can be set up for $300 pp for a 7 day cruise - I am taking my parents and the three of us are staying in a room - I prefer to do cash - so would they only accept $900 min? We are going with the UBP and UDP and I doubt we will spend much money on anything else so it surely seems a waste to have them hold $900 of mine... Just wondering if they would accept less?

Thanks!

I have read the NCL website - it says Cash accounts can be set up for $300 pp for a 7 day cruise - I am taking my parents and the three of us are staying in a room - I prefer to do cash - so would they only accept $900 min? We are going with the UBP and UDP and I doubt we will spend much money on anything else so it surely seems a waste to have them hold $900 of mine... Just wondering if they would accept less?

Thanks!

We put down about $700 then I always check the charges a couple of times and add more if needed($250 always goes to Future Cruise Credit).

At check in the clerk never stated I had to have a specific amount. Also if you have cash be prepared to be moved to a different spot at check in. In NY we were sent down to the end of the check in counter(thankfully not a long line.).

In Boston we had to go to customer service on board and add our cash then.

I can't wait to see what Seattle does.

Well, if you have not pre-paid service charges, that will be about $272. for the three of you (assuming you arent in a suite, in which case it would be more). They will insist that you put down at least enough to cover the service charges, but beyond that, I have often traveled with a relative who put down enough for service charges plus another 100. or so, and no one has balked.

Terry

Well, if you have not pre-paid service charges, that will be about $272. for the three of you (assuming you arent in a suite, in which case it would be more). They will insist that you put down at least enough to cover the service charges, but beyond that, I have often traveled with a relative who put down enough for service charges plus another 100. or so, and no one has balked.

Terry

That's what I do:D I don't do or spend a lot, just add more if needed.

One last question :) can you have all three cards pull out of the same cash account? Such as putting $400 in for all three of us? Or does it have to be separate? Such as a designated $100 pp? Thanks

Some people put a per card limit, like $100 each for their kids, so should be doable.

Some people put a per card limit, like $100 each for their kids, so should be doable.

Not possible with NCL. If the cards are connected to the same account, any card can be used to spend all the money in the account.

Only way of putting a limit like "$100 each for their kids" is to have separate cash accounts for each card.