Midnight Chocolate Buffet

BearySweet......I experienced the chocolate buffet on Empress in April. If the Sovereign is anything like the Empress, you are in for an awesome treat. I have never seen sooooooo many items in choc. in my life. I think the whole ship was there and I'm sure many didn't sleep after eating all that chocolate... :D Although, it wasn't until 11:15 PM that the ship had this buffet...so if you don't eat, at least it's worth seeing.

Enjoy! :)

I have not been on a 4 nite cruise, but on a 7 day cruise we only had the midnight chocolate buffet one time. We eat at late seating and I have never had enough room to really enjoy eating at the buffet. I have enjoyed looking at it, though.;)

Have a great cruise! It's just a month away!

Oh yeah...we were so tired and fell asleep. Our kids came back to the room with a platefull and gave us one taste and that was enough to wake us up and get us rolling up to the chocolate buffet line. Most of it was gone by the time we got up there (about an hour or so later) but we still got some. It was heavenly...and if you like sushi, they have that there, too. But who wants sushi when you can have chocolate? LOL:D I liked the chocolate covered strawberries, flourless chocolate cake, and little chocolate pyramids.

We were on The Grandeur for 9 nights. We had the chocolate buffet and 2 other midnight buffets. One was at the pool and it was so nice. I was still full from dinner so, I didn't eat anything. The other one was supposedly full of shrimp! Damn! I slept right thru that one!

Made the mistake of looking at your pictures of the Chocolate Buffet late this evening. Now I don't think I'll be able to sleep for all the dreams. Just got back from the gym I think the months of working out htat I have been doing will all be worth it for one night of complete chocolate indulgence!

Starting to wish that I was on a lower deck (I'm on 10 of the Navigator 10/15/05) so that I would have to climb up and down more stairs to burn a few more calories!!!

Made the mistake of looking at your pictures of the Chocolate Buffet late this evening. Now I don't think I'll be able to sleep for all the dreams. Just got back from the gym I think the months of working out htat I have been doing will all be worth it for one night of complete chocolate indulgence!

Starting to wish that I was on a lower deck (I'm on 10 of the Navigator 10/15/05) so that I would have to climb up and down more stairs to burn a few more calories!!!

Good idea to motivate me to work a little harder at the gym!

I was on the Empress last week and they had the Chocolate Buffet on one night starting at 11:15 PM. Was a little late for all that chocolate but was something to see. The whole ship must have been in line and it took about 15 minutes to get through it. Lots of truffles, doughnuts, chocolate covered strawberries, cakes, cookies, pies, etc. That late at night, you really can only have a few but it was nice nonetheless.

They had a midnight buffet on our cruise in Aug. 2003 on the Enchantment of the Seas. It was spectacular. Had many huge things like people, tigers, flamingos etc. made out of either cheese or chocolate. It was a sight to see. We're going on the Seranade in October and the Navigator next July so I hope both of them have such a wonderful buffet. I agree, couldn't eat much, took a plate back to the room for DH as he slept right through it. Was good with our coffee in the morning out on the balcony.

Can anyone tell me about the buffet they have by the pool and what all is served at it? I don't know if the Seranade will have it but I read somewhere on the threads that the Navigator does.

Have a great day everyone.

BMW - what itinerary did you sail on Empress? DH, friends and myself are sailing her on October 6 for four nights to Key West and Cozumel. I'd be a very happy woman if you told me that the chocolate buffet is offered on our cruise! :D If you were on the 4-nighter, what night was the chocolate buffet? Thanks!

Gina

Can anyone tell me about the buffet they have by the pool and what all is served at it? I don't know if the Seranade will have it but I read somewhere on the threads that the Navigator does.

Well, I can tell you about the Grandeur...most of the ships are the same with the buffets (I think). The midnight buffet by the pool was beautiful -- bread, ice, and melon sculptures; a flower arrangement made totally out of vegetables; stuff for sandwiches; decadent desserts; hot foods; coldfoods. I was so full from dinner, I didn't look that hard at the food but was more into the decorations. But all of it looked good and I was wishing that I could eat some of it! I was just still too full from dinner.:D

The other midnight buffet, I understand, was full of shrimp! We had 3 buffets on my cruise, as it was a 9-nt. cruise. But I was so tired, I fell asleep and didn't make it to the last one at all!

Great Pics Maggie!

Does anyone know what they do with those beautiful chocolate statues? People just don't break off pieces and gobble them up? Do they? (I'm thinking Like a chocolate easter bunny LOL.....ears first.....) They look too nice to eat!

The big statue things I think they reuse from cruise to cruise because if you look real closely you can see where they seem to be repaired. People did not eat off of these. I think the dragons were chocolate, but someone told me the other statues (girl, woman, King Titan) were wax so that they could be reused. But I do not know about that.

Maggie

The big statue things I think they reuse from cruise to cruise because if you look real closely you can see where they seem to be repaired. People did not eat off of these. I think the dragons were chocolate, but someone told me the other statues (girl, woman, King Titan) were wax so that they could be reused. But I do not know about that.

Maggie

Thanks! They really are too pretty to eat!

:confused: I wonder if the have this buffet on the Explorer? Anyone know?

Archived