Getaway 13902 and In-Suite Alcohol

Saraphine

We will be sailing in an aft Haven suite (13902) on the Getaway in January. I enjoy some Bailey's in my coffee in the morning, and a cognac on the balcony in the evenings. We have the UBP promo of course.

I understand that room service of alcohol is not included in the UBP. However, my PCC said that some butlers will deliver alcohol in suite, but YMMV. For those of you who have sailed in a similar suite, did your butler deliver alcohol to you in your suite? And if not, where is the closest bar to the aft suites on deck 13? The thought of getting dressed to hit up a bar first thing in the morning for a Bailey's coffee, or a couple of times in the evening when I just want to relax on the balcony is not very appealing!

Any other thoughts or tips on having a few drinks in your suite without walking to the bar for each and every one?

First off, I stayed in that suite in December and it was awesome, so I hope you enjoy it.

Second, the easiest way to deal with your issues is just to pre-order a bottle of Baileys and a bottle of cognac for the room through NCL. We have done that multiple times for Baileys in our morning coffee. It is a little spendy, but very convenient to have the bottle there.

Third, I've had a butler deliver drinks to the suite multiple times so I don't understand why it would be a problem for you. There is no room service charge for the butler and the cost of the drink would certainly be included in the UBP.

Fourth, if you do want to go up to a bar, the closest one to that suite is the bar by the pool on Deck 15. I had to run up there for Baileys on our second to last day because we ran out in our room.

Hope this helps.

First off, I stayed in that suite in December and it was awesome, so I hope you enjoy it.

Second, the easiest way to deal with your issues is just to pre-order a bottle of Baileys and a bottle of cognac for the room through NCL. We have done that multiple times for Baileys in our morning coffee. It is a little spendy, but very convenient to have the bottle there.

Third, I've had a butler deliver drinks to the suite multiple times so I don't understand why it would be a problem for you. There is no room service charge for the butler and the cost of the drink would certainly be included in the UBP.

Fourth, if you do want to go up to a bar, the closest one to that suite is the bar by the pool on Deck 15. I had to run up there for Baileys on our second to last day because we ran out in our room.

Hope this helps.

Are you telling the OP and everyone else that we can sit in our suites and have the butler deliver drinks covered under the UBP.

NCL clearly states that the UBP does not include room service.

That confuses me, but okay. I have admittedly missed those threads apparently. In any case, the bottles are still the best way to go.

You can order a bar setup through the pre-cruise concierge or onboard through the concierge.

I meant to quote the OP on the bar-setup.

Edited by Leavethekidswithmom

Are you telling the OP and everyone else that we can sit in our suites and have the butler deliver drinks covered under the UBP.

NCL clearly states that the UBP does not include room service.

I'm not telling anyone anything and will edit my post to clear up any confusion. It is bizarre to me that the UBP would not work with the butler bringing drinks to the suite (and a butler is different from room service) but since there doesn't appear to be any clear guidance on that, then I'll assume that it's the case.

Apparently, I can't edit my previous post so I'll be as clear as I can here:

I was unaware that the UBP has been said to be unavailable when the butler brings drinks to the room. Sorry for any confusion my ignorance my have caused. Mea culpa.

Edited by esp13

Maybe I am just cheap, but I didnt want to pay for several bottles of alcohol at the prices NCL charges since we had the UBP. On two ships (Gem and Dawn), our butler was perfectly fine bringing us Baileys with our morning room service order almost every morning -- he took our cards and it was covered by UBP. We tipped him well.

On Breakaway, our butler (who was not very good and seemed to go out of his way to tell us what he couldn't do - like get me a chocolate fondue pot from LeBistro, which I've done on every single other cruise I've been on) ) told us it couldn't be done and we would be charged (and then seemed quite annoyed that were still ordering Baileys with our breakfast order even after we were told we would be charged and he had to go get it anyway). He clearly was not happy. He wasn't tipped very well. After the third day or so, we just ordered 2 Baileys straight up the night before on our way to bed and put them in the fridge for the next morning.

Terry

After the third day or so, we just ordered 2 Baileys straight up the night before on our way to bed and put them in the fridge for the next morning.

Terry

I think this might be one of the easiest options to have in the back of my mind!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! Did you happen to write a review of the cabin or post pictures? I am living vicariously through other people's experiences for the next eight months!

After the third day or so, we just ordered 2 Baileys straight up the night before on our way to bed and put them in the fridge for the next morning.

Terry

Great idea, thanks for the tip:)! I am going to keep this in mind for my morning coffee!

Thanks for the info! Did you happen to write a review of the cabin or post pictures? I am living vicariously through other people's experiences for the next eight months!

I did write a review. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140034

It doesn't have too much info on the cabin, but some other posters have more info towards the end of that thread. Basically, it's a great cabin with a very nice, large, balcony. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.