$$$ ft lauderdale hotels

shaver

Kelly J... Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th is very nice, especially for that price... It's a couple of blocks east of Embassy Suites though, not next door. It's next door to Extended Stay America.

wowzo - I understand, and AmeriSuites is the only SE 17th Street hotel that allows that. I would try a discount site for AmeriSuites though if you really want to stay there. If you don't want to park in the covered parking garages at Port Everglades at $12 per day, Park 'n Fly is another option... http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

I rarely see it mentioned on these boards, but we have stayed at the Sleep Inn Suites near the airport in Dania several times and have always been very satisfied. The hotel is only a couple years old and very clean and tidy. Decent breakfast buffet for free and there is a little Italian restaurant in the plaza across the street that is excellent. The room rate seems to vary. I've paid as little as $59. We are booked there for October 7th and I think the rate is $89, but that is for a Suite.

Its not far from the port at all, maybe a 10 minute drive.

Tim

Sleep Inn is fine if you have a car, or get in late and just want to go to bed, but there's nothing in the area to walk to, you can't get to the Water Taxi from there, your shopping is limited to an old Publix, Walgreens, and dining limited to the pizza/Italian restaurant and a Chinese restaurant. SE 17th Street is much more popular because there are just so many more options within easy walking distance.

Just a FYI

While looking on Travelzoo.com (do it every Weds when they post sales) found there is a new Marriott on Hollywood Beach (6 miles from the airport) THis is a brand new hotel, looks beautiful in the pictures. They are having a promotion to get folks to their hotel. I called and talked with them and the travelzoo rate for a room is $99. Regular price of the room is $299. This includes a full breakfast.. Downside I could see was they do not have a shuttle and said a taxi fare to Airport or Pier would be approx. $15. Just wanted to pass this on and not sure how long this rate will be in effect for those of you that are sailing later this year or next year. We are staying there before the 10/16 Volendam so I'll post what I think of it when we get home.

Take care all

Mary;)

Archived