Dynamic Classic on Anthem (inaugural)

Morning campers !!

Has anyone just got off Anthem and experienced the Dynamic classic eating option yet, and does it work ?

I'd really love to know, and I'm sure an awful lot of "posters" (especially me) are gagging to find out :)

Stitch x

• 2 weeks later...

We had normal dynamic dining (not the classic) but the introduction of classic meant that large blocks of tables were suddenly no longer available (due to being used for classic dining). Also, the classic diners often took longer than planned so availability for late dynamic diners was impacted.

We had normal dynamic dining (not the classic) but the introduction of classic meant that large blocks of tables were suddenly no longer available (due to being used for classic dining). Also, the classic diners often took longer than planned so availability for late dynamic diners was impacted.

How late is late please?

Late is longer than 2 hours. On the first night many of the classic diners were still there at 9:30 and were looking like they would miss the show. Many upped and left. On later nights it wasn't so bad. If you have a show booked allow at least 2 hours if you are eating before.

We booked all our dining before we boarded and have to say all worked well. went earlier than booked and also took friends with us that had not booked and had no trouble whatsoever.

We booked all our dining before we boarded and have to say all worked well. went earlier than booked and also took friends with us that had not booked and had no trouble whatsoever.

I'm very glad to hear that Dynamic Dining worked well! We will be giving it a try! We have all five of the the complimentary dining rooms booked for each night, rotating through them all, but at our choice of day and time, not like the classic. It was really easy to book them all online, and I will take a copy of the reservations with me.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, all who have replied to the OP's question have experienced DD Choice. Has anybody tried DD Classic and how did that work out for you?

Hi everyone just want to answer your questions honestly and say that I am onboard Anthem at this moment for the 16 day cruise and we are on the DD Classic 2 That is 8 30. What happens Is that on 16 night cruise you rotate 4 times in each of the four Restaurants with the same menu for three times and we have been assured that it will change tonight? We have many issues mainly cold food we have complained as far as the Captain and have had hot food for the last two nights. I sincerely hope we have helped your cruise in the future by stating the obvious. The staff have been great and everyone has tried to sort out our problems. Service is two hours even on a table of 8 people. Another thing is that the Grande is formal that is requires a jacket which they supply with no problem if you have no suit or tux. There are also Royal nights when dressing up to your best applies. So far two on our cruise and expecting one more. People on our table very upset because told no formal or dressing up. Hope that helps a little enjoy your well deserved cruise everyone

Hi everyone just want to answer your questions honestly and say that I am onboard Anthem at this moment for the 16 day cruise and we are on the DD Classic 2 That is 8 30. What happens Is that on 16 night cruise you rotate 4 times in each of the four Restaurants with the same menu for three times and we have been assured that it will change tonight? We have many issues mainly cold food we have complained as far as the Captain and have had hot food for the last two nights. I sincerely hope we have helped your cruise in the future by stating the obvious. The staff have been great and everyone has tried to sort out our problems. Service is two hours even on a table of 8 people. Another thing is that the Grande is formal that is requires a jacket which they supply with no problem if you have no suit or tux. There are also Royal nights when dressing up to your best applies. So far two on our cruise and expecting one more. People on our table very upset because told no formal or dressing up. Hope that helps a little enjoy your well deserved cruise everyone

Thank you for the information and your time. Do you know if you are able to deviate from the schedule aside from specialty restaurants, i.e. if we want to eat in one of the free restaurants more and others less?

Hi we have known people who have successfully asked to change for various reasons and it all sorted itself out. Also just want to add Roll call meet and mingle was very good and well organised. We were given lots of information and some food and drinks made available. Have a great time everyone