Info from cruisers recently off the Fantasy, please!?

fhmoore

We will be cruising on the Fantasy in July. We haven't tried any of the cruise lines' "Dine whenever you want to" plans. I've heard varying opinions on it. I was hoping someone recently off the Fantasy has input on when the best time is to go to the MDR and have little or no waiting. We like meeting other cruisers so size of table is of no concern, Our preference is to eat between 6:30 and 6:45. Any help greatly appreciated!

Edited by fhmoore

They have made the Celebration dining room( the forward dining room ) all ATD from 5:45-9:30 . there wa s a line every nite for the 1st hour , it did move fairly fast . What got me , was when we got to the Matre'd and was asked if we wanted to sit by ourselves or with others , we asked to be seated with others and 50% of the time we were seated alone . Have fun !

We were on her in Dec/Jan and love the Anytime dining option. Someone in your family/group should go line up outside the dining room at the latest at 5:15 - there will be a line but once the doors open at 5:45 it moves very quickly. Otherwise you are better off waiting until 6:30 for a later option.

We preferred earlier dining for the evening activities. If you wait till 5:45 the line will wrap around the atrium twice and it takes a little longer to get seated!

We cruised in Dec/Jan also. There would be a huge line that started forming by 5:00 every evening. The people we were with insisted on going to dinner at 5:45 every night and he would stand in line for the 45 minutes to an hour. And they always had to have the same table. If you go at same time and table every night, you should do assigned seating. One night wife and went about an hour later and no line. So I would say best time is about an hour after it opens.

• 1 month later...

Just off the ship this morning. We had ATD. Yes, first hour was mobbed but it was so fast to go thru. Went once around 7:30 and had no wait. We ate solo (2) each time, no problem. Elegant night was a lot more busy due to the lobster at no extra charge, I'm sure! But we got right in each night with minimal waiting. Later seems the least crowded. Service was fast each night except one. I think our head waiter was new. Very slow and I felt so bad for him. So nervous! Have s fun cruise!

I had asked on another thread for suggestions on, if possible, a good wait staff team to request. I guess Carbri is not the one to ask! Anyone else have a good waiter recommendation in the ATD DR?

Actually we had one who referred to himself as "ATM" the first night and another night "Irma" was great. She was everywhere and so nice. I think the slow head waiter was something like "Ireneo". Very close to that. Irma was the best of all the head waiters we had. She worked so fast we barely saw any of her staff! She did it all, lol. I hope that helps.