Carnival Glory April 18-25- Review including lots of pictures!

Our last port was St. Thomas. I really liked it there. It is a beautiful island, nice people. I felt very safe there.

We had a tour to Magen's Bay booked for 1030. We docked at 7 am. I think we got off around 9 am and looked in some souvenir shops. Picked up a few nice things for reasonable prices. The people here were friendly, not pushy.

Our tour guide was Gomez. He seemed to be a very old man but he was very kind. They drive like crazy in St. Thomas and on the wrong side of the road. The ride to Magen's Bay was a little scary. You were in an open air type bus with no seatbelts. You had to hang on for dear life going up those hills!

Magen's Bay was really nice. It was clean and the water was warm and calm. A nice lady walked along the beach and took drink orders. There were lifeguards at this beach. There were some people that don't like to follow the rules that kept going beyond the buoys. The lifeguards were getting very upset with them.

I only have one picture that I can post. Most of my pictures have people in them that are recognizable. I would never post a picture with somebody in it on a board like this, especially strangers. I would be very upset if I found myself in someones picture on the internet - especially at the beach :eek:.

Here is one I have where the people are really far away.

ry%3D400

The boys stayed in St. Thomas after the tour to go enjoy a frosty at Wendy's (I guess maybe they were homesick!)

Mom and I got back on the ship and headed up to lido to hang out by the pool.

We spent the rest of the afternoon there and the boys spent some some on the water slide when they got back. It was the first time on the whole cruise that they had used it since we had been in port everyday.

On this night, I had a seafood pasta that was quite good. It had penne noodles with scallops, calamari, shrimp, mussels and a piece of salmon on top.

The others had lasagna. My husband had some kind of breaded chicken which he said was pretty good.

They had a meatball appetizer which the boys enjoyed. I had some little breaded shrimp which were quite tasty with the dipping sauce.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So in the funtimes, they advertised photo opportunities with Dr. Seuss at 515 and Thing 1 and Thing 2 at 715.

We dragged our kids kicking and screaming (not literally but thats what it feels like when you make teenage boys do things like this).

They did both photo shoots. You weren't allowed to take pictures. Only the photographers which is really dumb because later on in the week at the seuss breakfast the characters all came and posed for pictures and you were allowed to take them with your own camera.

Anyways, we did end up buying the professional photo of our kids with Dr. Seuss where they had on the hats. My husband felt that it was priceless. I felt that it wasn't worth $21.99 (oh yes only available in 8.5 x 11) for a "professional photo" where the top of Dr. Seuss's hat is cut off.

Thanks for the review. We are on the 10/3/15 sailing. Travelling from the UK. We will also spend the night in Miami before the cruise. Will look at Holiday inn at port of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our last port was St. Thomas. I really liked it there. It is a beautiful island, nice people. I felt very safe there.

We had a tour to Magen's Bay booked for 1030. We docked at 7 am. I think we got off around 9 am and looked in some souvenir shops. Picked up a few nice things for reasonable prices. The people here were friendly, not pushy.

Our tour guide was Gomez. He seemed to be a very old man but he was very kind. They drive like crazy in St. Thomas and on the wrong side of the road. The ride to Magen's Bay was a little scary. You were in an open air type bus with no seatbelts. You had to hang on for dear life going up those hills!

Magen's Bay was really nice. It was clean and the water was warm and calm. A nice lady walked along the beach and took drink orders. There were lifeguards at this beach. There were some people that don't like to follow the rules that kept going beyond the buoys. The lifeguards were getting very upset with them.

I only have one picture that I can post. Most of my pictures have people in them that are recognizable. I would never post a picture with somebody in it on a board like this, especially strangers. I would be very upset if I found myself in someones picture on the internet - especially at the beach :eek:.

Here is one I have where the people are really far away.

Hate when people say "wrong side of the road". No, they drive on the opposite side of the road.

Just because it's not the same as yours doesn't mean it's wrong.

Edited by Akgoalie7

Curious as to what movies they showed at night on the big screen on the Lido deck.

Here are the movies that played on the big screen while we were on board:

Unbroken

Interstellar

Big Hero 6

Into The Woods

Night At The Museum Secret of the tomb

Ride Along

The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 1

The Other Women

The Fault In Our Stars

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes

Captain America Winter Soldier

Guardians of The Galaxy

So on this cruise the two sea days were at the end of the cruise. I'm not sure if I would like to do that again or not.

On one hand, you had two whole days on the ship to do all the things that you had not done yet. On the other hand, I think maybe I liked it better on our first cruise when we had one in the middle and one at the end. It seemed to make the cruise last longer and it was only a 6 night as opposed to a 7 night. With ports 4 days in a row I found the time went really fast.

Anyways, our first sea day was Thursday. We went to the Live Morning Show with Adam and Hugo. It was quite entertaining. They had the live cameras from the Lido deck on the screen and basically made fun of people (in a nice way). Then they took calls from passengers, also entertaining as people are quite funny without even meaning to be sometimes.

After some Good Morning Trivia, we went and played mini golf.

Here is a picture of the first hole. It has a snake on it!

ry%3D400

So since we missed the first formal night, we dressed up for this one.

After a nice afternoon at the pool, we got all dressed up and headed down to let the annoying photographers take our pictures.

This seems like a good place in my review to give my opinion on the photographers. I found them extremely annoying, rude and intrusive on my vacation. I do not remember feeling that way on my first cruise.

They are lined up down the Promenade deck at all hours of the day and night. Every time you try to walk through there they try to get you to come and get pictures taken. It kind of reminds me of the fair when you walk down the midway and the carnies try to get you to stop and play their game. It reeks of desperation on Carnival's part to get your money. I was not impressed.

I also found the photographers to be rude and annoying on the gangway. As soon as you were off, they were grabbing you and pushing you into photos with people in outfits such as a towel animal, pirates, Mr. Potato Head, etc. or posing in front of signs for the port. I like to do this on the off chance that they get a really nice photo. However, I would like my whole family to be in the picture and sometimes they wouldn't even wait until everyone got down the gangway as they were in such a hurry to snap a picture and move you along. Some of the photos my poor mother isn't even in or is off to the side because she didn't get a chance.

On a side note since I am on a roll with my complaining tonight...they did take a really nice picture of all of us in Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay, can't remember and it doesn't matter. And some a...hole thought it would be funny to jump in behind us. Ruined the picture.

After we got our pictures taken, we went up on deck and took our own before dinner.

Hate when people say "wrong side of the road". No, they drive on the opposite side of the road.

Just because it's not the same as yours doesn't mean it's wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. It really irks me.

So there was no lobster on the 2nd formal night.

I had a crab cake and some stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. Both very good.

For my entree I had some shrimp and a Filet Mignon on stop of boneless spareribs. Both were also very good and I have no complaints.

The only real complaint I have about the main dining room overall was the dessert selection. It was really lacking and I ate Chocolate melting cake a lot of nights. They would have some kind of cake (sometimes), a diabetic dessert which always sounded great but tasted gross, a cheese plate and some kind of pie. That was pretty much it. Oh and ice cream.

On this night, the waiters did the singing and dancing. Our waiter, Jovito, took my 11 year old with him up to the middle of the dining room where all the action was and they danced. It was very nice of him to do that.

Here are some of the food pictures:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400