Valparaiso to Acapulco or Buenos Aires to Valparaiso

Kittycat

I'll post this again, because I put in to the Princess Board when probably it's more appropriate on here. We are having a bit of difficulty deciding between these two cruises - both look fabulous, but it is to celebrate a special occasion and we want to get it right. We really enjoy wonderful scenery and wildlife and would like a bit of sunshine if possible, but does anyone have any opinion on either of these cruises. Both are on Golden Princess which we have travelled on before, so we know the ship, but its just which itinerary to choose - decisions, decisions!!! Help please.

Well I am sailing from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires, after staying 2 nights in Santiago pre cruise and will be staying 2 nights in Buenos Aires post cruise on NCL Crown this Christmas/New Year.

I chose this itinerary as it takes in some of the most stunning scenery imaginable, you get up close to wildlife not seen anywhere else and visit harbours that the bigger ships probably wouldn't go near. I have never been to South America before and I am counting the days til I fly out of the UK.

Whichever itinerary you choose, I am positive that you will enjoy every minute :):)

You certainly won't see anything "unusual" on a Valparaiso to Acapulco cruise. I can't even imagine where the ship is going to port, except Arica. That is the driest place in the world. I feel your money would be wasted on this itinerary. Columbia is a dangerous place and Ecuador is not much better. I travel to South America 4 times per year on business and have a pretty good feel for the country. This itinerary would definitely NOT be my choice.

On the other hand, V to Buenos Aires (or reverse) will show you some of the most specatacular parts of South America. The fjords and glaciers, the penguins, being able to say you were in the farthest southern place in the habitated world (Tierra del Fuego), the pampas around Buenos Aires. MUCH to see and do on this itinerary. Without a doubt, this would be my choice (and I have done it twice).

Archived