Off the Pride Today!

apdchief

Not going to do a review, but just off the Pride today. We stayed in room 7298 (Vista Suite) and we had another great cruise with Carnival.

Shoot away with any questions, I will do my best to answer.

Can you tell me what's available to eat late night? Husband and I used to enjoy the late night buffet of burgers and hot dogs with fries and cookies each night before bed around 11 or so.....but my understanding is they don't have this anymore :( Is there anything then or just room service?

Did you try anytime dining? Did you encounter any wait for dinner? We're planning on eating probably in the 7-7:30 pm time frame.

Edited by LynneL

Any complaints about rattling or rocking in your very aft cabin?

1st sea day was a little rocky. We have had rooms in the front, middle and now on the aft. It appeared to be more noticeable in the aft area. Also a little vibration, but I found it put me to sleep easier or the alcohol may have helped too.

Can you tell me what's available to eat late night? Husband and I used to enjoy the late night buffet of burgers and hot dogs with fries and cookies each night before bed around 11 or so.....but my understanding is they don't have this anymore :( Is there anything then or just room service?

Pizza and room service menu.

Baltimore is quite a distance from the Caribbean, what were the 'days at sea' to and from like?

To start Sunday it was cool I would say around 60 degrees. Didn't start warming up until about late on Monday. Also the seas were a little rough once we got out of the bay early Monday morning until later that day.

The last sea day (Saturday) was also cool and cloudy. Basically in this weather your 1st and last sea days you either cover up or spend them inside.

What ports? We are on the Pride this summer and struggling with what to do in the Bahamas.

We did Grand Turk, Halfmoon Cay and Freeport. We did the beach at Jack's Shack on GT, Cabana on HMC and just port shopping in Freeport. The beach area is much better up by Jack's shack just a short walk up from the port.

Did you try anytime dining? Did you encounter any wait for dinner? We're planning on eating probably in the 7-7:30 pm time frame.

We did do anytime dining. They do this on deck 3 upper dining room. At that time you should be ok. We ate around 6pm and the line was long waiting to be seated, but it moved very quickly. I would say about a 5 or 10 minute wait in line and your seated.

Pizza and room service menu.

Actually the Pride also offers what they call "Late Night Snacks" in the buffet area every night from 11:30 PM to 1:00 AM. I know hot dogs were offered one of the nights. Didn't go often.

How was the piano bar on the Pride? We are going for our Honeymoon in July...we were on the Splendor last year and had a great time in the piano bar!

We are actually getting married and having our honeymoon on the Pride :) Hoping to have the piano bar for the reception.

How was the piano bar on the Pride? We are going for our Honeymoon in July...we were on the Splendor last year and had a great time in the piano bar!

Didn't actually spend any time in there, but the times that I walked by there were many people in there having a good time!

Actually the Pride also offers what they call "Late Night Snacks" in the buffet area every night from 11:30 PM to 1:00 AM. I know hot dogs were offered one of the nights. Didn't go often.

I never made it past 11pm! lol!

• 2 weeks later...
1st sea day was a little rocky. We have had rooms in the front, middle and now on the aft. It appeared to be more noticeable in the aft area. Also a little vibration, but I found it put me to sleep easier or the alcohol may have helped too.

Glad to hear that the vibration wasn't too bad. Next week we'll be in the suite directly above yours.

We are just off the Pride a few weeks ago. We also had Your Time Dining. We always found that 7pm, 5 to 15 minute waiting, 730pm, pretty much walk right in. We always asked for Marvins section. He is amazing and funny.