Season versus off season

WASUP

I don't think you'll see many discounts during low season. There are many tourists any time of year you go. I went to Maui right after 9/11, when it was supposedly one of the slowest times, and there where still lots of tourists. From my experience, the costs are about the same throughout the year except for premiums rates charged around Christmas and New Year's.

High season in Hawaii is both summer school vacation and winter season. April-mid June, and again mid Sept-November is low season and hotels are cheaper. For whale watching Feb in Maui is the best. Summer is very hot in Kona and Kaanapali in Maui, but delightful in Kauai North Shore. Honolulu is unbearable in summer, but I don't like it there any time of the year anyway. There's no bad season in Hawaii as far as I'm concerned, but my favorite would be late May when flowers are in full bloom and there are less tourists.

Archived