Travel Agent vs. HAL

rmmm

Hi General -- We use one in New Hampshire -- Their online prices are cheaper if you don't telephone them! My wife the Web Ferret has checked out many and the cheapest ones only vary by a few dollars.

I looked at their site the other day and an inside guarantee is $999 for our 15-day transatlantic (Prinsendam, November 9, Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale). One online agent that was recommended to us as having great deals wanted $1950 + tax each for the same cabin class! Absolutely necessary to shop around.

I don't think that HAL is filling up this voyage very well. Maybe I'll get an upgrade (from my keyboard to God's ears) if they sell out the cheap seats.

Lane

It's 607 statue miles, and I had to look it up! We're on Sao Miguel, the largest of the group. Our transatlantic stops here too, so we can go and see our puppies and get some cheap wine.

Susan usually looks at the Azores website to see if any cruise ships are in port that day. They're so majestic and huge! What day is Westerdam in PDL?

Lane

As someone said, most home-based travel agents (and I am one) are covered by their host agencies as far as insurance and bonding go. Always, always, always check your agents credentials (CLIA, IATAN, ASTA, NACTA affiliations, etc.) and those of the host agency.

trubey, the Westerdam will be in Maidera on Friday, October 28,2005 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. we are going to take a tour of the island . . . General Max

Do a search on Do-It-Yourself Ponta Delgada on the Europe board. I wrote up a lot of comments for it last spring. Any other questions, just e-mail.

We saw the Westerdam in Ponta Delgada doing the transatlantic going the other direction. We had wanted to see it for our cruise next year. susana.

trubey, the Westerdam will be in Maidera on Friday, October 28,2005 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. we are going to take a tour of the island.

wcolucci, if you can get an SA booking for around $250 per person per day. take it.

Cheers

General Max

That $3,300 I quoted the other day was for my wife & I and infant daughter..(who will remain out of the pool!!!).

I have shaved off an additional $250 since then...from a TA I found via the web...might pull the triggger soon

I spent $2300 for two on an S Suite on the Maasdam last yr, very slightly less for a veranda sute on the Zaandam 01/04 before I knew how to look around the web so.......... the deals are out there, ad I've found ecommerce to be exceptional especially for travel. My family used to own 7 branches of a travel agency in upstate NY, I had my IATAN card etc, but you can't beat the web for getting the BEST pricing.

Wow. That's not good.

As I work online from a fairly sizable agency, most of our reservations are made in USD. However, when available we book in clients local currencies if requested. Either way, we strive to provide the best customer service possible and always the best available rates. (achieved by our top account status with every preferred cruise line).

I am compensated on a commission basis, but always act in my clients best interest and provide the best available pricing that they qualify for.

It's key to being successful and having extremely happy return clients.

Wow. That's not good.

As I work online from a fairly sizable agency, most of our reservations are made in USD. However, when available we book in clients local currencies if requested. Either way, we strive to provide the best customer service possible and always the best available rates. (achieved by our top account status with every preferred cruise line).

I am compensated on a commission basis, but always act in my clients best interest and provide the best available pricing that they qualify for.

It's key to being successful and having extremely happy return clients.

This sounds very good!! Will you please give me a quote for the November 9, 2005 Prinsendam Westbound Transatlantic, Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale, for an inside guarantee (K class, not N)? I don't think I can change my agent now, but could certainly use you in future!

And, Please tell me what other perks or services you provide other than the booking?

Lane

Hi Trubey,

I appreciate the note and interest, however... I can not respond to it.

The agency I work for prides itself on its success realized by playing by the rules. Unfortunately, CruiseCritic does not permit me to secure clients via these messaging boards, that's not why I use them. I would never engage in any activity on the internet that could potentially have a negative impact on the online agency I work for. Hopefully this is understandable.

As a brief mention, aside from the best available rates and amenities, I'm accessible via email to my work account 24 hours a day, and can be reached via one of our toll free numbers at least 5 days a week to answer absolutely any questions my clients, or potential clients, may have. (We're open 7 days a week, only closed on Christmas)

Have a great time on your next cruise!

Archived