Diamond - Diamond Plus difference?

I'm a Diamond Plus member and just got back from AOS. Big difference I see that 3 weeks from your sailing date, if they have 5 suites or more available (no matter what suite categories) you get a free upgrade.

Went from a Oceanview View Guarantee to an Owner's Suite at no charge.

At the welcome back C & A party, all Diamond Plus members got a bottle of champaign from the Captain. There were 7 Diamond Plus members on my sailing. Other than that, all other perks about the same.

Dave

They give Diamond + members a call 2 to 3 weeks out to ask what amenity they want in their cabin...flowers, wine, slippers etc.

In less than two weeks we will be taking our third and fourth cruise as Diamond Plus [b2B].....we have received no call from C&A this time....and we have yet to see an upgrade. Not only do they hold back 5 cabins in each category for last minute sales, but they hold back another 5 for sale at the pier. I personally think that the upgrade part of this level is pretty lame...few and far between....atleast in our experience. Diamond perks are excellent....there is just no appreciable adds for plus members.

They give Diamond + members a call 2 to 3 weeks out to ask what amenity they want in their cabin...flowers, wine, slippers etc.

In less than two weeks we will be taking our third and fourth cruise as Diamond Plus [b2B].....we have received no call from C&A this time....and we have yet to see an upgrade. Not only do they hold back 5 cabins in each category for last minute sales, but they hold back another 5 for sale at the pier. I personally think that the upgrade part of this level is pretty lame...few and far between....atleast in our experience. Diamond perks are excellent....there is just no appreciable adds for plus members.

Don't wait for C & A to call. On exaclty 3 weeks from sailing date, call C & A and ask to speak to a Diamond Plus rep. They give you the upgrade on the phone and you pick your cabin out. The 3 week waiting period was changed from 2 weeks so not all Diamond Plus reps know. I had to ask them to speak to their supervisor and they came back on the phone and said I was right and which cabin did I want.

Dave

Hi - Is there really that much difference between a Diamond and a Diamond Plus member?? we are Diamond Plus members and I really do not see much of a difference --- I am just curious --- perhaps I am missing something

I got a free shore excursion and dinner with the Captain twice on a member's cruise. Also, more gifts and perks in the cabin.

No upgrades yet.

Archived