Carnival Sea Miles

TRAVELIN LADY

Has anyone tryed to use the new Juniper Sea Miles for a free or reduced price cruise? How does it work?

Yes, I redeemed 45,000 points and booked the Valor for March at 295.00 each, at 45,000 points you can cruise on a free 5 day cruise, but at 80,000 points you can do a free 7 day cruise.

You simply go to their website and it will let you enter the areas that match or within your point range, meaning that at 61,000 points I could not enter the 80,000 point section yet.

Works great for me since I use my card for trips and home improvements then pay it off at the end of the month, also you will find alot of Math wizards on here that will say it sucks etc. because you can get 3% cash back from discover card etc.... Well, my other 3 cards do not give me any points, and the Discover card they talk about isn't accepted in many places.:rolleyes:

WoW....How Strange.

I just came here to start a new Seamiles post.......

I finally passed the "magic" 40,000 point place and now I get a whole new page, with 50,000 being the New Magic Number

Before they said they gave discounts for 10,000 and 40,000 points.

NOW that I have 40,000 the page shows new information....Offering discounts at 10,000 - 25,000 - 50,000 increments.

Anyway....for 50,000 pts. ..It ends up showing we can get a 5 night cruise in Feb. (low season)

Cat. 4A for $250 each. + $34.35 gov. tax = $284 ea.

Guess it's something.......but not much.

The Capital one card used to give $1000 off for 46,000 points.

What does it take for the average person to move $50,000 across a credit card ??

Maybe the old system was giving away to much...or something.

But I don't think Seamiles has what it takes....:(

x

to know this new program is no where near what the old one was.

With the old program, you booked your cruise (through your own TA whom you know and trust) and then used points for $200, $500 or $1,000 off that cruise. Of maybe you just wanted some chocolate or some other little goody for very few points.

With the new program, you must book through THEIR TA. That means if you have a family of four (like we do) and you use the points for one free cruise...you end up paying much more for the other three. Some savings????

(We get Interline rates.)

So we have decided to hit 100,000 .... use them for all four of us and dump the card.

How Funny that I found this, I was just pondering how best to use my points. I FINALLY got all my points transferred from the Old Capitol One card where I had almost enough for a free 7 day for 2 people, Now on this new program, 80,000 points only gives you a 7 day for 1 person. I think I will use the points for the 2 of us for a quickie 3-4 day weekend cruise and then ditch the card. I have been saving points for over 3 years!:mad:

Archived