PG2 Forward

V and S

We are sailing on our first QM2 transatlantic on 6/3, and are very excited. We booked the upgrade-to-suite promotion last fall, and all that was left at that time was a PG2 guarantee (we were first on the guarantee list). Having a bit of motion sensitivity, I was nervous about being assigned a forward stateroom, but the reservation agent assured me "all Princess Grill cabins are mid-ship" (I now think she was thinking of the other Queens). We wanted to sail in a PG suite and, for the price of a balcony, it was a fabulous offer, so we booked the guarantee.

Early this week, we received our stateroom assignment-- it is 10007, right at the front of deck 10. We know we cannot change our cabin, as it was booked as a guarantee because nothing else was available when we booked.

We have sailed to the Mexican Riviera on both Princess and HAL, and I once had some difficulty in moderate 12' seas, midship, deck 6--took ginger, motion-eaze, ate lightly, etc. and was okay, had some dizziness. But I have walked the forward, high hallways on both lines and felt a lot more motion.

I've read threads here regarding the stability of QM2, and am wondering if anyone has sailed that far forward on a QM2 transatlantic on deck 10, and what your experience was. Perhaps I am just seeking reassurance. :)

My wife and I have been in QM2 cabin 10008 six times. It's our favorite cabin because it's convenient to the Commodore Club, the Library, the Spa, Illuminations, and the Theatre. The only real problem we've ever had with the ship's motion was our disappointment in sleeping through the worst of a Force 12 storm. Check out Host Hattie's Sticky above for a link to all the stuff we've uploaded about our experiences in 10008 and other QM2 cabins. I'll bet you will love the forward location. Bon voyage!