formal night

Going on the majesty on 22 may on the formal night is it tuxedo or suits or a mix of both

My husband doesn't wear either and looks good enough in smart trousers, white shirt and dickie bow tie. Plenty do wear tuxedo, suits or DJ's and there are some in kilts. I think it is up to you how comfy you feel. On Celebration last week some chaps were in short sleeved open necked shirts. The cruise news stated "If you are planning to dine in the Meridian Restaurant this evening we ask that a shirt and tie is worn for gents" but there seems to be a lot of leeway as to what gents wear.

Going on the majesty on 22 may on the formal night is it tuxedo or suits or a mix of both

On my first cruise on the Dream I wore a suit and tie. However last year on the Majesty I decided not to pack a suit, and chose to go to the Captains' evening wearing a smart open neck shirt and trousers instead. There were others who chose to do the same and I did not feel in any way the 'odd one out'. I think a good compromise if you are unsure (and which I will probably do this year on the Dream), would be to pack a tie and wear a shirt, tie and smart trousers. But an open neck shirt is also fine if that's what's preferred.

Have to say I loved the Dream, but there was something about the overall ambience on the Majesty that I found very appealing.

The night is a great chance to get a lovely photo of you both. So dress in anything that you would like a photo in. :)