Did you enjoy CATS on Oasis?

I have to agree with the poster about needing to study before enjoying a play. It is very successful on Broadway. But there you have many options. On the ship, there is only only show like this to choose. I think something a little more easy to understand would have been a better choice. I will TRY to sit through it on our next cruise, but I have my doubts.

CATS is the Broadway equivalent of the band, Nickleback. Surprisingly one of the most popular shows in the world, however, most people that you talk to will say that they hate it.

I was on the April 25th sailing and went to see CATS. I'll admit that the production/set/cast were great, but the story is just not interesting enough to hold your average audience. Definitely over half of the audience left at intermission and did not return. The lobby for the elevators were filled with strangers striking up conversations with each other about how bad they thought the show was.

As someone else mentioned, the show was actually a joke for the comedians. The comedy show started over the loud speaker with, "And now for a Encore production of CATS", and the audience moaned. The host then came out and said they wouldn't make us suffer through that again. Then there were other jokes about how more people came to the comedy show than the CATS show. It was slightly embarrassing for RCI, I imagine, but it was true.