Photo Review April/May 2015: Disney, Eclipse TA, London

Lisah101

I had purchased a used Garmin on Ebay with Europe maps so we entered the town of Hornfleur and headed out. I really don't like heights so of course we had to go over this bridge. It even cost us over 5 Euros each way.

IMG_3849.jpg

So we got there, drove around in circles a few times until we figured out the place and found parking a bit of a walk away from the center. Then took some more fumbling to figure out the parking system and how to pay the meter.

But we did it and got to the river and found the docks.

IMG_3852.jpg

So the rental car, the driving and the parking were a bit stressful to get started - it was much easier after we had gotten used to it.

However now was time to have a good cup of coffee and enjoy the atmosphere. They had a crepe place though and I couldn't resist!

IMG_3855.jpg

So, back to the car and we tried looking at the map to figure out where to go next but nothing jumped out so we just started driving and did the "I wonder where this road goes" thing.

IMG_3867.jpg

We ended up at the beach when Terry wanted to see "where does this street go". We didn't have the GPS turned on until we hit the dead end which was the ocean! Then we turned on the GPS to find out our location. This was actually a lot of fun!

IMG_3875.jpg

We had fun on the beach but it was cold and windy. So back in the car and we used the GPS to find roads that ran along the ocean. We were cold and it was lunch time so we found a small town AND a parking spot. Of course it was Italian food, but we love pizza!

IMG_3880.jpg

Again, my French was inadequate and they spoke no English so instead of ordering a cheese pizza with ham, we ended up with one cheese pizza and one ham pizza. Parma ham of course!

They were so good!

IMG_3876.jpg

So we headed back to the port to return the car. I was afraid a few times that I would have to get out and push. The car didn't seem to like going up hills. When we did return it, I looked at the type and googled it. Says its only 75 hp. That would explain it!

IMG_3901.jpg

We returned the car, they checked us in and I asked about a ride back to the ship. We were tired. The young Frenchman was very nice and actually drove us over himself in the little car we had just rented. He dropped us off right at the gate to the port!

We took our leftover pizza only to find out you aren't supposed to bring food on the ship. Uh oh, bad Lisa.

We gave it to the security guard from the port who had admired it on our way in. Guess that means I wasn't supposed to bring the Spanish cheese on either.

Oops.