San Francisco Hotels: Super Bowl

RJChatsworth

Anyone disembarking Queen Victoria in San Francisco on Sunday 7th February 2016 and wishing to stay on in the city should be aware that there appears to be no hotel availability in SF or its surrounds due to the Super Bowl final in Santa Clara that day. The hotels have all been block booked. Cunard can't offer a hotel package for the same reason.

We are flying back to the UK the next day and it looks as if we'll have to hire a car and drive about 50 miles out of SF. Anyone got any other ideas, please?

Anyone disembarking Queen Victoria in San Francisco on Sunday 7th February 2016 and wishing to stay on in the city should be aware that there appears to be no hotel availability in SF or its surrounds due to the Super Bowl final in Santa Clara that day. The hotels have all been block booked. Cunard can't offer a hotel package for the same reason.

We are flying back to the UK the next day and it looks as if we'll have to hire a car and drive about 50 miles out of SF. Anyone got any other ideas, please?

http://www.hotels.com is showing plenty of availability currently Roger.

http://www.hotels.com is showing plenty of availability currently Roger.

Jim - many thanks for that. I'd been to all the main chains and none of them showed any availability, even as far out as the Ritz at Half Moon Bay. Cunard told me they weren't offering hotel packages because of Super Bowl. In fact I have now booked at the Cartwright on that web site you gave but if you try booking it direct as I did yesterday they show no availability - so many thanks.

That's a great relief!

Jim - many thanks for that. I'd been to all the main chains and none of them showed any availability, even as far out as the Ritz at Half Moon Bay. Cunard told me they weren't offering hotel packages because of Super Bowl. In fact I have now booked at the Cartwright on that web site you gave but if you try booking it direct as I did yesterday they show no availability - so many thanks.

That's a great relief!

I wouldn't want you spending the night in the bath houses :)

Those staying in SF for the Super Bowl are going to be shocked at how far it is from SF to Santa Clara...and by how much traffic there is even without the Super Bowl...we live nearby and will likely be heading out of the Bay Area at that time!

That being said, many hotels in SF don't open their online bookings so far in advance, so they just show as 'no availability' for entire months (e.g., the Huntington).