Things to do on LOS

I am considering a sailing on the Liberty of the Seas next spring but I'm concerned about what to do in Belize and Honduras. Has anyone had this itinerary on the Liberty of the Seas who could tell me if the cruise director has lots of activities on board and if the ports have any fun "must see" sites or things to do?

I Snorkeled in Belize and it was amazing!!! I HIGHLY recommend booking through an independent, non-ship operator though, because my experience booking through the ship was horrible. We were directed to the wrong tender boat and missed the ship excursion. Turned out to be a blessing because the privately booked excursion we made last minute on shore had about a dozen people and 4 guides to help us and was less than half the cost. The ship tour had 50+ people and was chaotic and fairly unsupervised because of all the people.

In Honduras we jumped in a van with another couple and went to some hotel with a private beach. I wish I could remember the name because I wouldn't recommend it, it was a "fake" beach that had a big concrete wall around it that made a giant private ocean "pool" for the hotel and you couldn't even see the actual ocean. There were barracudas or some sort of fish with teeth swimming all over and nobody wanted to get in the water. So, no tips there other than to maybe look at trip advisor for Roatan and search through the activities to find a fun tour that is rated positively, and book that, or find a beach the same way (except check "attractions" for the beaches instead of "activities.")

Thanks for the tips. What did you think of the sea days? Were there many activities

I didn't actually sail Linerty, I did these ports on Mariner. I thought there was plenty to do on sea days, and since the Mariner is smaller than the Liberty I assume the activities available will be similar. Somehow I missed most of the shows and the classes because I was with a 10 year old and wasn't really paying attention to adult focused activities. Even so, I still managed to stay busy all day. We walked around, checked out the ship, went to the pool, did the rock climbing wall (my daughter did anyway) and watched the movie poolside. One day we went to a mixology class after our table mates invited us along. It was a blast, $25 for 6 drinks and some recipes that we forgot because we were too drunk, haha. My daughter had fun with that too because they let her make virgin versions of the drinks. It was actually the only day I drank on the whole trip (again, because I was with a 10 year old). We played board games in one of the lounges and listened to live music in the venues, played bingo, ate at the buffet etc.

We did our own excursions through independent operators-cave tubing in Belize. In Roatan we hired a cab for the day that took us to the Mayan Princess hotel, waited and then we went shopping and ordered take out at the cabbie's favorite lunch spot. We truly enjoyed those two ports! BTW we sailed on another cruise line.

Edited by sauvichick

We did our own excursions through independent operators-cave tubing in Belize. In Roatan we hired a cab for the day that took us to the Mayan Princess hotel, waited and then we went shopping and ordered take out at the cabbie's favorite lunch spot. We truly enjoyed those two ports!

Yes Cave tubing got rave reviews from the people who did that on our ship too! A lot of the people who missed the snorkel boat took the cave excursion instead and they said it was amazing.