Shipping from Vancouver

OnlyMe

Myself & my DH are doing a cruise roundtrip from Vancouver. Following our Cruise we are flying to Las Vegas. Here's the thing - we're packing for two different climates and what with shopping in Vancouver and Alaska I'm sure our cases will be bulging (the're pretty full already:o ) Sooooooo.... I was thinking... would it be possible to ship home our winter clothes when we return to Vancouver?? What are the practicalities involved... where can we do this? (We dock at Ballantyne), does anyone have any idea of the cost per Kg to Europe?? How about packing them - where can we get a box or similar??

We leave tomorrow morning. Thanks

I don't know to much but I know fedex will ship. My cruise line offered a "luggage shipping service" from vancouver (I just got back from a rt vancouver cruise). If you can't find them, I don't know what hotel you will be in in Vancouver, but the concierge might be able to help you or you can try calling fedex. I know I was going to fedex my checked baggage to ensure no lost luggage and I called them and they said they definitely could ship luggage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks MrsMoose,

We will be in the Sutton Place PRIOR to our cruise and are flying to Las Vegas the evening we disembark. I was really thinking in the line of Mailing the clothes home but Fedex might be better. Do you have any idea of cost??

I have no idea to be honest, I wish I did, I would call your cruise ship and ask if they offer "luggage shipping".

My cruise line sent me info on having "luggage shipped directly from the ship". I wish I would have kept the info as it was an independent firm that took care of that.

You are in a bit of a pickle since you are flying same day I woud think. You have to carry your luggage yourself when you disembark in vancouver as you have to clear customs with your luggage, any shipment, transfer will be after you cleared customs.

Ask your concierge at Sutton Place before you go maybe they can help, Sutton Place is supposed to be an upscale hotel from what I hear.

Good luck I hope it all works out for you.

Vancouver is a beautiful city. I had never visited but hubby did in 1989 for a day on his way to Wistler and I think he said once before for 2 days and he said it has changed so much and improved so much.

I had brunch last sunday with a couple of hubby's clients who used to live in Vancouver but left 18 years ago (originall from Winnepeg) who now live here (got transferred for their job).

The didn't even know where or what Yaletown is so just by going on that comment I would guess it's "grown and changed" a lot.

Truely a beautiful city with a lot to offer. I wish I would have had more time there

Archived