Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

First I've heard of this, and I've been an AARP member for years.

And now I'm having problems setting up an online account. I'll call customer service on Monday.

One question before then. How long will it take to accumulate the necessary points to buy the discounted cards. I still have time; my cruise isn't for another 18 months.

And now I'm having problems setting up an online account. I'll call customer service on Monday.

One question before then. How long will it take to accumulate the necessary points to buy the discounted cards. I still have time; my cruise isn't for another 18 months.

You get enough just for signing up. I can't remember if you get 5,000 or just 2,500 for registering.

I got 3500 for signing up last week and each day you log in you get 50. Each $100 gift card takes 1000 points, a $500 give card is 5000 points.

Thanks for the good word. :)

It appears I might not be able to access it on my iPhone. I'm on the desktop now, and I'm earning points left and right. Appears I may have previous points too. I thought I might have signed up years earlier. I have over 10,000 points. :D

So they release the gift cards early in the morning, right? I get up at 5:00 for work. So I guess I have to go to the desktop every morning to check on cards.

BTW, I booked through a travel agent. They accept Carnival cards as payment, right? I still have about a $1,000 balance that has to be paid off. Plus cruise excursions. And drinks, of course.

And if you happen to be a Verizon Wireless customer, you can sign up for Verizon Rewards; and may find that you already have a large number of rewards points. When I signed up I found I already had over 60,000 Verizon Rewards points because I had been paying my bill on-time every month. I mention this because, while I am not an AARP member, I do have Verizon and every time this thread lights up saying the cards are available at AARP, they have also appeared on the Verizon Rewards webpage.

Additionally some credit card rewards programs have them as well, so you may want to check your credit card’s program details.

I apologize in advance for posting here and making everyone think GCs are available.

I just now remembered to look to see what the status of my purchase was from Saturday. Under my account, it says that they have "shipped" today but that tracking is not available. I didn't receive an email which said that they have shipped, either, despite the original purchase receipt saying that I would.

The two other times I purchased GCs, they totalled more than $500, so they came UPS and I had to sign for them. I ordered 5 $100 GCs the other day, so I am not sure if (1) they will come USPS instead of since I'm just at $500 and not over it or (2) maybe the system is not caught up yet to post the tracking number, since even USPS has tracking numbers. In addition to the tracking not being available, the shipment method column is left blank.

Did anyone else who ordered $500 or under from Saturday and whose GCs have shipped get a tracking number? I can call tomorrow when they are open, but I figured that maybe someone might be around who purchased a "lower" amount on Saturday.

Thanks.

Edited by lolavix

I apologize in advance for posting here and making everyone think GCs are available.

I just now remembered to look to see what the status of my purchase was from Saturday. Under my account, it says that they have "shipped" today but that tracking is not available. I didn't receive an email which said that they have shipped, either, despite the original purchase receipt saying that I would.

The two other times I purchased GCs, they totalled more than $500, so they came UPS and I had to sign for them. I ordered 5 $100 GCs the other day, so I am not sure if (1) they will come USPS instead of since I'm just at $500 and not over it or (2) maybe the system is not caught up yet to post the tracking number, since even USPS has tracking numbers. In addition to the tracking not being available, the shipment method column is left blank.

Did anyone else who ordered $500 or under from Saturday and whose GCs have shipped get a tracking number? I can call tomorrow when they are open, but I figured that maybe someone might be around who purchased a "lower" amount on Saturday.

Thanks.

Ordered $300. Says "shipped," but no tracking number available. So we are in the same boat. Previous order of $200 shipped and arrived without a tracking number. So, I am not sweating it.

Edited by kbanowsky

To answer some previous questions asked on these... I have been getting them for quite a while now... like the last year or so, and have lots of experience trying to get in on the deal.

There is no way to be notified; however, subscribing to this thread helps as someone always posts when they find they are up for sale and then you get an email on that post as a "heads up." Even this is no guarantee though as they can sell out very quick.

As far as "when" them come up... no rhyme or reason. I have seen them come up on all different days of the week at all different times of the day(early morning, afternoon, evening). I have seen just one denomination come up (like just the $100) and then those will sell out and then a day or so later the other denomination comes up. I have seen both denomination come up for sale together. I have seen them sell out in a matter of an hour or less... and once around this last Christmas, they were up for over a day. I have seen them come up for sale twice in the same week, and this time it took a month (which is the longest I have seen).

It really is a matter of patients and persistence and constantly checking. The best option is to give your self plenty of time to get them before you need them (I am purchasing now to pay off a cruise in December) and to check over and over and over again. I usually check up to 10-20 times a day at all times, and I have my husband check too... this time he is the one that caught it and woke me up at 6:30am on Saturday to buy lol! Even as persistent as I am, I still only manage to get in about 50% of the time, so that is why I always start looking way before I need them.

The other key is to buy what you can afford when they are there... if you buy some thinking I will just catch them again next time, it is usually then that you can't get in and miss them.

Keep in mind there are A LOT of people doing the same thing we are trying to get these, and more and more are catching on every day (in part due to us talking about it here lol! - so ssssshhh don't tell anyone lol!):D

Also, on the shipping notice on AARP site, do not be surprised if you don't get an email saying they have shipped, more times than not I don't get one (and I check spam too). Sometimes there is tracking info, sometimes not..... the one caution I will give is if you don't see them "shipped" and it still says pending for a few days, call them. A lot of times depending on how much you buy (and other reasons too), they want to "verify" you actually made the purchase. They say they sent you an email telling you to call to verify, but again, I have not received this email as well.... so if they don't show shipped within like 48 hours, I just call myself. One time I waited a week, and that was the hold up, and I never got an email asking me to contact them. So it is just faster to call if it doesn't show shipped.

Edited by wemjam

To answer some previous questions asked on these... I have been getting them for quite a while now... like the last year or so, and have lots of experience trying to get in on the deal.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Follow up to my question from 3/14--I just now received a shipping confirmation for my purchase from Saturday. The actual UPS shipping date was 3/15, so I'm guessing that the 3/14 date I saw on my account late on 3/14 was just when my package was "done" at the GC provider's end. UPS didn't consider it ready to go until 3:20 PM on 3/15. I do have a tracking number now, and the shipping date on my AARP account summary for this purchase has been changed to 3/15.

This was a surprise. I just figured I'd wait and see when the GCs showed up.

The date you saw on your account of 3/14 was probably when they put the package together and labeled it... the 3/15 date was when it was likely actually tendered to UPS.... I too got an email saying they shipped this time (3 days after it showed shipped in my AARP account). I was actually surprised I got an email because as I have said this can be very hit or miss.

Edited by wemjam

Point of reference for those asking about delivery times. Ordered 1 - $500 card and 3 - $100 cards this past Saturday 03/13. They always UPS the $500 cards, and larger amounts of $100 cards sometime. However, this time I received the $500 UPS and the $100 cards via mail both TODAY (two different shipments via two different carriers)- usually the mail ones take a little longer like a week to a week and half... so this time it was fast for both!

Mom and Dad ordered a $500 card same time and it is out for delivery today too.