Explorer of the seas - many questions

Hello

I apologise if my questions have already somewhere In this forum been answered

I have used this forum to great use to find many answers but have several more that will prepare me fully for my upcoming June cruise

This being my families first ever cruise I want to be prepared as fully as possible.

We decided on a cruise due out two little boys being 3 (turning 4 on the cruise) and 2 years old and wanting them to have as much to do as possible.

Now we plan to dress down most of the holiday, shorts etc and eat at the windjammer and another other eaterie that this dress code will accept.

Can anyone confirm which on board restaurants this will be suitable at?

We have planned to eat smart 3 nights probably, which is fine for us but have only have 3 smart outfits for the boys.

We would like to eat in the main restaurant twice and chops grille.

But are we doing this right by eating at the windjammer and any others mostly?

Should we plan for more or will we be happy with this when on board?

May sound daft but want to make sure we bring the right attire especially for boys.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially anyone who ha sailed with very small ones.

Other questions to follow :D

Edited by Jaimel134
Spelling

Hello

I apologise if my questions have already somewhere In this forum been answered

I have used this forum to great use to find many answers but have several more that will prepare me fully for my upcoming June cruise

This being my families first ever cruise I want to be prepared as fully as possible.

We decided on a cruise due out two little boys being 3 (turning 4 on the cruise) and 2 years old and wanting them to have as much to do as possible.

Now we plan to dress down most of the holiday, shorts etc and eat at the windjammer and another other eaterie that this dress code will accept.

Can anyone confirm which on board restaurants this will be suitable at?

We have planned to eat smart 3 nights probably, which is fine for us but have only have 3 smart outfits for the boys.

We would like to eat in the main restaurant twice and chops grille.

But are we doing this right by eating at the windjammer and any others mostly?

Should we plan for more or will we be happy with this when on board?

May sound daft but want to make sure we bring the right attire especially for boys.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially anyone who ha sailed with very small ones.

Other questions to follow :D

If you plan to dress down and want ease in the evenings then yes the windjammer is your best bet.. i would suggest eating in the dining room on formal nights so you can really dress up and get involved :) Are you on the any time dining selection? If so this means you can reserve a seat in the main dining room on the nights you fancy eating in there.. But if you are on a seating plan either 6pm or 8.30pm i would suggest asking to be moved if you don't want to eat there much.. it's likely you will be seated with others and it can be a bit unfair only coming down 3 times making the table rather empty and unpleasant for the others you are seated with. But that is just my opinion :)

Apart from Windjammer, there really is not another restaurant to have a full meal when dressed down. If you can put on a pair of jeans for example, there is not a problem eating in the main dining room for causal and smart casual nights. You might personally feel out of place in jeans on formal nights but you won't be kicked out of the restaurant. This same go for the boys.

We have been on the Explorer many times with our GS and he started when he was 3. The staff in the main dinning room are great with kids and go the extra mile. IMO if you children are wearing a nice pair of shorts and nice shirt they will be fine. They cater to the children so I would not miss eating there. We always brought his DS or Ipad and he was fine. They will get pretty much anything for the kids and it gives mom and dad time to enjoy a meal instead of getting up and down filling plates. It is very busy in the windjammer and it is so much more relaxing in the dinning room.

If you are traveling abroad it is a pain with all that luggage and cruising is very casual now. On dress night we always brought our little guy a nice pair of casual pants and a dress shirt. Other nights just nice shorts.

Some people love to get dressed up and some cruise very casual. Most nights in the dinning room are causal.:)