Yankee Trader, Clipper, Westin or Plantation Suites

theadams

I have read all the posts concerning Fort Lauderdale hotels and appreciate all the information. Specifically though I would like if someone could recommend one of these hotels ( I am going to be staying with Starwood points)

We are arriving Friday Jan 27 and need three rooms for 2 nights. On the Saturday we want to be fairly close to shopping (particularly a good liquor store) as we don't really want to rent a car ( but will if necessary) and will likely just want to do a little shopping and hang around the pool. We would also like to be close to decent, reasonably priced restaurants.

Yankee Trader

Yankee Clipper

Sheraton Plantation Suites

Westin Fort Lauderdale

Thank you.

None of them are within walking distance of a liquor store... The Westin is far north, a pricey cab ride from FLL & Port Everglades, and not really near anything but office buildings, houses, and a freeway.

Sheraton Plantation Suites is attached to a shopping mall (I don't think there's a liquor store in there though), but is again, a pricey cab ride from FLL & Port Everglades.

Either of those would be fine if you had a car, but they're not well suited for those without.

Yankee Clipper is on the beach, Yankee Trader is across the street from the beach... Both are old, tired, and in need of a remodel that they promise is "coming soon".

If you have Starwood points try for The Atlantic, it's a year old, across from the beach, and GORGEOUS... http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1475

Or the new St. Regis will be opening in January, in a great location close to everything you want, and it's going to be SPECTACULAR!... http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregis/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1512

Thank you TrentS, I am always impressed with your patience in answering questions which you have been asked probably a thousand times before.

I really really really really want to stay at the Atlantic and have enough points to do so. The trouble I am having is with the other people who will be joining me. They are too cheap with their points and don't see a reason to stay at such a nice hotel. I am going to wear them down and convince them!!

Hello,

I am using Starwood pts also for a pre night. We were booked at the plantation suites, but I changed it to the Atlantic. I don't mind spending the extra points, I think it will be worth it. I will be going the end of Nov. I will try to post a review on the hotel.

Nancy

Archived