RCCL Harmony 10/23/2016 Transatlantic

Hey guys - Dan and Derrell here, the "Double-D's" from Atlanta.

Sailed Lady O last year from Rotterdam to Ft. Lauderdale so looking forward to making this TA even more spectacular than that one!

I have some TA pics posted on the latter part of my Oasis photo review link in my signature. Not sure they're that applicable to Harmony but there are some pretty good pics, if I say so myself!

Looking forward to some Trellis Bar and Rising Tide pre-dinner cocktails with y'all!

246872955_zps2ed1b4cd.jpg

Hi everyone

Karen & Antoinette here, we're from Ireland, joining us will be two male friends, Don & Greg from Durham, North Carolina, we met on Oasis in 2013 and are just back from 7 nights on Allure where we convinced the guys to join us on this TA.....it's our first, ( the guys have done several ) so really excited about that.

Wonder if there will be any other females joining us.....have been on 8 cruises so far, all with Royal, but have yet to meet any other ladies on board, have made plenty of male friends so it's not a biggie either way.

Look forward to meeting you all

Karen

Hi everyone

Karen & Antoinette here, we're from Ireland, joining us will be two male friends, Don & Greg from Durham, North Carolina, we met on Oasis in 2013 and are just back from 7 nights on Allure where we convinced the guys to join us on this TA.....it's our first, ( the guys have done several ) so really excited about that.

Wonder if there will be any other females joining us.....have been on 8 cruises so far, all with Royal, but have yet to meet any other ladies on board, have made plenty of male friends so it's not a biggie either way.

Look forward to meeting you all

Karen

Welcome aboard! It's funny that your friends' names are Don and Greg as my dad's name was Don Gregg and I was born in Durham, NC while my dad was in med school at UNC Chapel Hill!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Welcome Karen, Antoinette, CJ and Mike.

Great to see the numbers growing for this cruise

Welcome all! As we get closer to departure maybe we could arrange a "Family"

table for dinner. They should have the options squared away by then.

Michael: No answer on "critters"?

D&J

Welcome all! As we get closer to departure maybe we could arrange a "Family"

table for dinner. They should have the options squared away by then.

Michael: No answer on "critters"?

D&J

Critters- back when they were coming out with the Oasis and it was still project genesis- there was group formed on CC and called ourselves Cruise Critters , then we became The Critters with our mascot being Ima the Crab- so if you see anyone with the red crab in their signature means they have sailed as a critter

Wow so many already looking forward to meeting you all! I'm just back from explorer with a group of 8 friends we met lots of great folk and had a really good time was bit disappointed with some aspects of cruise but made the most of it this was smallest ship I had been on and think defo the bigger the better for me ;) so looking forward to this one. One of our friends priced this up onboard and think is also looking at booking so should be a good one ;)

Wow so many already looking forward to meeting you all! I'm just back from explorer with a group of 8 friends we met lots of great folk and had a really good time was bit disappointed with some aspects of cruise but made the most of it this was smallest ship I had been on and think defo the bigger the better for me ;) so looking forward to this one. One of our friends priced this up onboard and think is also looking at booking so should be a good one ;)

Hi there

Slightly off topic, but just wondering what you were disappointed with on Explorer? We are off on a 16 night cruise in September, so looking for a heads up on any particular issues.

Thanks

Karen

Hi there

Slightly off topic, but just wondering what you were disappointed with on Explorer? We are off on a 16 night cruise in September, so looking for a heads up on any particular issues.

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen the main issues was lack of seating in bars lounges and waiting times at bar etc the ship was full to capacity with over 3500 passengers and it felt crowded, they recently removed or made some public areas smaller and put in more staterooms and specialty restaurants. The removed the 2 floor nightclub a favourite of ours on freedom class ships and made the nightly disco up in crown lounge which was not an ideal venue. We found it difficult to find sunbeds for the first time ever and there seemed to be a lot of new staff so service wasn't quite as good. We did however still have a really good time just wasn't as good as previous experiences! On a positive our dining experience was the best yet.

Hi Karen the main issues was lack of seating in bars lounges and waiting times at bar etc the ship was full to capacity with over 3500 passengers and it felt crowded, they recently removed or made some public areas smaller and put in more staterooms and specialty restaurants. The removed the 2 floor nightclub a favourite of ours on freedom class ships and made the nightly disco up in crown lounge which was not an ideal venue. We found it difficult to find sunbeds for the first time ever and there seemed to be a lot of new staff so service wasn't quite as good. We did however still have a really good time just wasn't as good as previous experiences! On a positive our dining experience was the best yet.

Thanks for the info, some of the changes I was aware of , others not, guess we just have to hope for a less than full capacity sailing! Hopefully as its 1st week in Sept, when kids have gone back to school we will be lucky ! [emoji2]

Hi all:

On another social-media-outlet-who-shall-not-be-named, I learned that Dynamic Dining is NOT being rolled out to the Oasis class, including Harmony.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/15045183_OA_Class_Dining_Update_FAQ.pdf

I'm not exactly heartbroken because I'm a traditional diner myself. However, we had gotten scheduled for Dynamic Dining Classic so we could have the same table mates and waitstaff but dine in the different complimentary venues. Oh, well. Back to traditional dining.

Was anyone interested in Dynamic Dining or are you traditional diners like us?

We are both traditional dining kind of guys, so this is not a disappointment to us. Dining at the same table, with the same tablemates, with the same waiter is always one of the highpoints of our cruise.

Has everyone done TA's before? This will only be my second and first for my partner.

Mark and Dale

This will be # 7 for us. You usually get the most for your money on TA's. If you have seen the prices drop on this one it's pretty exceptional.

A wave from Winter Haven.

D&J

It's our first one.... I have wanted to do one for ages, but my partner was adamant that she wasn't going to do it.... All those sea days and no land in sight just didn't appeal....... But I guess my powers of persuasion are better than I thought [emoji6]

Karen