What to do in Freeport - first timer wanting to do it all!!

cruisemama412

Our ship will be docked from 8am - 5pm in Freeport so I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend the most time there. This is the first cruise I've been on that I'm planning (I haven't been on a cruise since I was 12 years old...so about a million years ago) and I'm having a little trouble. I was going to book excursions through Carnival just to make things easier, but most of them only last about 4 hours. We would like to be able to explore and do some shopping as well as go to a beach for snorkeling. Anyone that has been to Freeport, can you give some me some advice on how to book this the most efficient way so we can do as much as possible? I will be there with my husband and our 7 year old son.

If you want to do snorkelling plus shopping, don't choose the sightseeing tour that says "beach OR shopping". We did that one. We went to a nature preserve, then a church, but for the third stop we all had to choose 1hr at either the beach or shopping. The beach option wasn't really for snorkelling.

http://www.deadmansreef.com/#!freeport-bahamas-things-to-do/cvau

This is a great place to snorkel. The reef is a bit of a swim but beautiful. Can't beat the price which includes transportation. There is really no shopping here. There are plenty of souvenir places right off the ship. But you can get the same stuff in Nassau pretty much.

Edited by bm6pm5