Advice on a Secret Majesty Upgrade

gumballz

My dh and I just got off the Majesty last week. We had an inside room, deck 2. On our last cruise we had an oceanview. I wouldn't pay the extra for an oceanview on Majesty. It is in port every day and you never really get to see the ship moving. I really liked the inside cabin too because it was completely dark and I could sleep. Also, like the others have said, the room is really tiny and you would have to crawl onto the bed to look out. Who wants to do that?

However, I would pay the extra for the location. The elevators were really slow and sometimes they would just skip stopping at deck 2. I continually found myself walking up to deck 11 because it was better than waiting for elevators that were crammed with people. I'm not kidding when I say that every time we got onto the elevators people thought we had to test the maximum capacity. Next time I will go for deck 6 or higher. It's much easier to walk down the stairs than up. Plus, when people were waiting to disembark they would just sit on the stairs at deck 2 & 3 making it impossible to go up. Yes, go for the upgrade!!

Cruz1234 has the numbers right. We are using same system on Deck 9. Another poster awhile back told me how to try for in between the lifeboats.

I will be on Majesty 10/10 sailing on Deck 9 and will try to report back.

Yogimax - I am one of those girls who would cut out a day at the beach and pay more to be right on beach for the time I am there rather than stay off the beach. I want the balcony and love to see the ocean whenever I want to view it. It is just one of the things I enjoy. I do love my window, love a balcony on ship even more, and cut the balcony this time so I can cruise this trip and explore some other places this year. I guess we all have to do what "rings our bell".

Oh. Balcony people - don't feel too bad for me. Friends we are going with are staying one deck up and have balcony they claim is ours too so I will be able to indulge my pleasure...

Won't be long now! I do promise to write a review when I get back and if you have anything specific I need to check out, let me know.

Whatever you decide, I hope you will have a wonderful trip.

OMG Did I read right? 17 more days until your cruise? Wow, your countdown clock was over 200 days when I first came on this board. As far as kicking yourself, never look back. Think positive that you made the right choice. Not even sure what choice you made. Did you take the aft or not? lol

Hey Bonnie...

Yes Yes Yes..!7 days...16 if you count pre-cruise :D

Oh,yeah...I took the aft...I am very happy with the choice...I think it will be great,even with the deck in front...

I just wish I could have seen DH & DS sons face...when I let em in on it...(when we opened the door) ...Of course..Dh would have figured it out..He knew we were originally in an inside,on 10..

Oh well...He's happy...We did an inside on Rhapsody last year (during Ivan)...

after only balconies for him..( i've done everything...well...up to a JS.)

and while it was not horrible....Theres just something special about that balcony.

Now if I can just find the right flip flops......... :eek:

Hey Bonnie...

Yes Yes Yes..!7 days...16 if you count pre-cruise :D

Oh,yeah...I took the aft...I am very happy with the choice...I think it will be great,even with the deck in front...

I just wish I could have seen DH & DS sons face...when I let em in on it...(when we opened the door) ...Of course..Dh would have figured it out..He knew we were originally in an inside,on 10..

Oh well...He's happy...We did an inside on Rhapsody last year (during Ivan)...

after only balconies for him..( i've done everything...well...up to a JS.)

and while it was not horrible....Theres just something special about that balcony.

Now if I can just find the right flip flops......... :eek:

Your aft cabin sounds awesome. I am sure your family will love it. I can't wait to read all about it on your return. As far as the right flip flops, there is no such animal. Do what I did and bring as many as you can cram into your suitcase.

I was on the Majesty midship and loved the location. I was steps away from the elevator and dining room. I thought the elevators were the worst on that cruise but it afforded me the much needed excercise to assuage my guilt at sampling every single dessert on the menu!

Archived