Snorkeling... Take a tour?

mar4408

My husband and I are interested in going to Magen's bay and Coki beach to snorkel. We would like to see some of the island also but I am worried that if we book a tour with Godfrey or Sunny that we wouldn't have much beach/ snorkel time. Any suggestions on just getting a cab and having them drop us off at a beach then getting another one to bring us to the other sights when we are done? Any idea of costs? My husband and I are not into shopping and would rather use the "shopping"time that the tours offer as beach time. :confused: Any suggestions on what we definately should not miss out on if we don't do a tour but hire someone at the pier to take us to the beaches?

Thanks

Taking a cab is the way to go. We did it the first time at St. Thomas and went to Sapphire Beach to snorkel. It is a beautiful beach with some nice shade trees and good snorkeling. It's been years ago, but I think we paid about $20 for 4-people. The second time to St. Thomas, we went to Trunk Bay at St. John on our own be ferry and taxi. It is awsome. There are no must see places at St. Thomas that I'm aware of other than the beaches.

Archived