A Most Magical End of Elementary Days Cruise

Fourteen days and counting till our Goodbye to Elementary Days cruise on the Magic and I'm both excited and sad.

Sad because I have to work on the last day of school (I recently took a job in a school cafeteria) for the first time ever. For the first time since my son started preK, I'm going to miss the last day of school party which makes me a little sad.:(

I'm also a little sad that my first ever Past Guest Party was also my last since they recently took that away from the Gold level cruisers.:( I know others have said the parties were overcrowded and people gate crashed, but we didn't noticed that at all on the one time we got to go. And this was during a packed full spring break cruise that you would've thought would've had a packed party. There were hardly ANY guests in the theatre (where the party was held) and it was no problem at all flagging down a waiter for appetizers (LOVED the bacon cheesecake) and drinks. I couldn't even get CLOSE to finishing a drink before they brought another one and just set it down on the little teeny table in front of me.

I'm excited because I've heard such great things about the Magic, even if it doesn't have a Blue Iguana cantina and a Guy's Burger Joint.;):D I'm sure I'll find something else to eat in the mornings besides the awesome breakfast tacos and I'm pretty sure I won't die if I don't have a half dozen Guy's Burgers to nom on throughout the day.:D

DS is excited about the ropes course and the water slides. He said the one that looks like a drain pipe looks really fun and I bet it is (I'm not a waterslide person AT ALL). The outdoor gym looks really fun too.

I'm excited because we're going cave tubing in Belize, though we haven't decided on any other excursions yet. I wanted to go to Isla Passion in Cozumel, but DH is like, "Dude. I am SO OVER that." since we've done it every time we've ever sailed on Carnival (except the first time, obviously, since we sailed out of Jacksonville, FL).

I'm excited because I love cruising...one of my coworkers doesn't get it at all. She's all "Why would you want to spend that much money going ANYWHERE?". My response is that I'm party Gypsy and I love to travel to new places, meet new people and experience new things (except watching a man wave to me with one hand as he uses the other hand to hold his junk with as he stood peeing on the side of the road in Ochos Rios. THAT I could've done without.:eek:).

Fourteen days....ack. I still feel like I have SO MUCH to do...I need to go shopping for a few things, I need to arrange a cat sitter for our old lady grumpy poutface puss, I need to make sure I know where all our travel documents are...ugh. SO MUCH TO DO.

Fourteen days...fourteen days. It'll be totally stress inducing to the point I may need a Kiss On The Lips the minute I step on board, but I still can't wait.

I'm so sorry that you will miss your son's end of the year party. A cruise is so relaxing, and a lot less expensive than other vacations. Your coworker doesn't know what she is missing. I live 30 minutes away from the Port of Miami, and 45 from Port Everglades. Some people that live here in Miami say that they don't have money to go on a weekend cruise, but don't realize that they spend a lot more money going and eating out all weekend.

Fourteen days and counting till our Goodbye to Elementary Days cruise on the Magic and I'm both excited and sad.

Sad because I have to work on the last day of school (I recently took a job in a school cafeteria) for the first time ever. For the first time since my son started preK, I'm going to miss the last day of school party which makes me a little sad.:(

I'm also a little sad that my first ever Past Guest Party was also my last since they recently took that away from the Gold level cruisers.:( I know others have said the parties were overcrowded and people gate crashed, but we didn't noticed that at all on the one time we got to go. And this was during a packed full spring break cruise that you would've thought would've had a packed party. There were hardly ANY guests in the theatre (where the party was held) and it was no problem at all flagging down a waiter for appetizers (LOVED the bacon cheesecake) and drinks. I couldn't even get CLOSE to finishing a drink before they brought another one and just set it down on the little teeny table in front of me.

I'm excited because I've heard such great things about the Magic, even if it doesn't have a Blue Iguana cantina and a Guy's Burger Joint.;):D I'm sure I'll find something else to eat in the mornings besides the awesome breakfast tacos and I'm pretty sure I won't die if I don't have a half dozen Guy's Burgers to nom on throughout the day.:D

DS is excited about the ropes course and the water slides. He said the one that looks like a drain pipe looks really fun and I bet it is (I'm not a waterslide person AT ALL). The outdoor gym looks really fun too.

I'm excited because we're going cave tubing in Belize, though we haven't decided on any other excursions yet. I wanted to go to Isla Passion in Cozumel, but DH is like, "Dude. I am SO OVER that." since we've done it every time we've ever sailed on Carnival (except the first time, obviously, since we sailed out of Jacksonville, FL).

I'm excited because I love cruising...one of my coworkers doesn't get it at all. She's all "Why would you want to spend that much money going ANYWHERE?". My response is that I'm party Gypsy and I love to travel to new places, meet new people and experience new things (except watching a man wave to me with one hand as he uses the other hand to hold his junk with as he stood peeing on the side of the road in Ochos Rios. THAT I could've done without.:eek:).

Fourteen days....ack. I still feel like I have SO MUCH to do...I need to go shopping for a few things, I need to arrange a cat sitter for our old lady grumpy poutface puss, I need to make sure I know where all our travel documents are...ugh. SO MUCH TO DO.

Fourteen days...fourteen days. It'll be totally stress inducing to the point I may need a Kiss On The Lips the minute I step on board, but I still can't wait.

Last June, we were on this Magic cruise Belize route and it was wonderful. My son really enjoyed the Waterworks. We didn't get a chance on the the ropes course, but it looks fun. There is also miniature golf and pool tables near the ropes course.

We've been invited to five or six past guest party's, but they never fit into our schedule.

We know plenty people who could afford to cruise but don't and wonder why we cruise once a year. Regular folks don't understand the cruise addiction.

Have a great cruise. We're under 30 days and that's when I start to get excited like a kid before Christmas.

This year we're on the same route, but with Royal.

Edited by EAZYLIVING

A cruise is so relaxing, and a lot less expensive than other vacations. Your coworker doesn't know what she is missing.

Yes it is and no, she doesn't.

I've had a love of travelling since I was a kid and my parents would throw us in the station wagon (which got upgraded to a minivan when I was in middle school) and we'd take off to go to San Antonio or Galveston or travelling throughout the South to visit my mama's people. DH and I have taken a lot of trips together and we've almost always taken DS with us. He's a pro at dealing with airport security and he LOVES cruising. At the age of 11, he's more of an international traveller than either DH or I were at that age. I'm hoping in a few years when I turn 40, I can convince DH to take us to Paris, or at the very least, London (I'm a bit of an Anglophile).

There's just SO much out there to see and do...I can't understand why people, if they have the means to do so, don't get out there and DO stuff. See new things. Experience new places and try new foods. :D

I've had a love of travelling since I was a kid and my parents would throw us in the station wagon (which got upgraded to a minivan when I was in middle school) and we'd take off to go to San Antonio or Galveston or travelling throughout the South to visit my mama's people. DH and I have taken a lot of trips together and we've almost always taken DS with us. He's a pro at dealing with airport security and he LOVES cruising. At the age of 11, he's more of an international traveller than either DH or I were at that age. I'm hoping in a few years when I turn 40, I can convince DH to take us to Paris, or at the very least, London (I'm a bit of an Anglophile).

There's just SO much out there to see and do...I can't understand why people, if they have the means to do so, don't get out there and DO stuff. See new things. Experience new places and try new foods. :D

So glad that you're providing your son with so much traveling. He will cherish those great times. I hope that your hubby agrees to take you to Paris. My parents would take us on vacation once a year, and we loved every moment. I don't have kids, but have been taking my nephew on vacation since he was 5. He is now 16. I'm a teacher so I take him on vacation for Spring Break and summer. He loves cruising.

We usually go on vacation during Spring Break and the summer vacation too, since DH works in retail and there are black out dates at work as to when he can take vacation time (which is silly, IMO, since he earns more vacation time than he can ever take in one year anyway:rolleyes:).

London, or rather the outskirts of London. I spent two years in England. They hated us Americans around the base, but when you went further out it was a whole different experience.

We usually go on vacation during Spring Break and the summer vacation too, since DH works in retail and there are black out dates at work as to when he can take vacation time (which is silly, IMO, since he earns more vacation time than he can ever take in one year anyway:rolleyes:).

I've always wanted to a Thanksgiving cruise, but that is also the big EMS conference in Texas and my work sends people there and no vacation is allowed that week.

carlton-dancing-gif.gif

Doin the Single Digit Dance because we're 9 days out from our cruise. I need to get everything together--meds bag with first aid kit and seasick meds for everybody, make sure I know where all the swimsuits are, make sure that our suitcases are aired out and ready to go.

Is it too early to start packing? I feel like I need to start packing.

Hey! I'm right behind you on Magic June 21 with my cruising fool children! Mine love to travel as well. Like you, I pretty much toured the country in a station wagon in my childhood and got the travel bug. Took my kids all over in a Suburban. Once we started cruising, that is all they want to do! Funny thing, I told them we could skip one, save up, and I'd take them to Europe the next year. They said, "Isn't that just a bunch of old castles and stuff? No thanks!" Haha! I went without em.

:;faints::

You can take ME to Europe. :D I would love to go to England and France one of these days. Maybe even Greece and Italy. Because dude..the food. The history. THE CASTLES!

I know! I did Italy and Greece. England is still on my bucket list. France, not so much. My kids are simpletons who just want the beach. :D

:;faints::

You can take ME to Europe. :D I would love to go to England and France one of these days. Maybe even Greece and Italy. Because dude..the food. The history. THE CASTLES![/quote

My dream vacation is to start in Northern Italy and eat my way south. Has to be south because I'll need to go on a container ship to get home.:D

One of my dreams is to do kind of an "Eat Pray Love" thing, except instead of Italy, India and Bali it would be England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland for me.:D

At least the food is better in the UK now that what it was when I was there in 1980's.

I am an Anglophile as well. This time last year I took a solo trip to England for 16 days. Based myself in London but took side day trips by train to several outer locations. It was the trip of a lifetime for me. Saw so much history and tradition and so much of it still carries on in these modern times. Nothing sends chills up & down your spine like hearing that first strike of the organ at Westminster Abbey. I even had fun riding the "Tube". By all means, if you get the chance, GO. You will not regret it. I want to go back (maybe next year).

I made my list of things I need to pack today...I'm afraid I'm missing something though and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I just wish the weekend would get here already. The AC is broken at work and it was over 100 degrees in the kitchen today. :eek::( By the time I got off, I was dripping with sweat and I couldn't wait to get in my car and crank up the AC.

I made my list of things I need to pack today...I'm afraid I'm missing something though and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I just wish the weekend would get here already. The AC is broken at work and it was over 100 degrees in the kitchen today. :eek::( By the time I got off, I was dripping with sweat and I couldn't wait to get in my car and crank up the AC.

Hmmm, list of things I have forgotten on trips over the years....ALL of my shoes except the ones on my feet, all my money, a brush, my make up bag. On last year's cruise, about 1/4 of my clothes I forgot to put in the suitcase. I left all my underwear and bathing suit in a drawer on the ship last year too. Haha! I'm terrible at packing.

You work at a school? I'm surprised they keep it open with broken a/c.

Oh the main AC for the school works fine...but the AC for the kitchen doesn't. We've had issues with it all danged year long.

The school I work at isn't that old...maybe 20 yrs old at most. And the majority of the building it seems like (from what I've seen anyway) is in decent shape. The kitchen needs SERIOUS updating, but the school won't pay to do that since everything we have works fine for the most part.

We really need new wall..coverings??? for the walls because they're covered in this hard plastic crap that just doesn't work that well. We also need a new walk in cooler/freezer, but that's not gonna happen any time soon either.