Italian Job

Greeting from sunny Civitavecchia :)

Comedian last night was Maxwell Plumm (again) Sadly same old jokes ;)

Beatles show tonight, followed by the crew show

Ship still good , but crew don't seem so happy. Lots of different nationalities.

Naples tomorrow, booked to go to Herculaneum.

When we were on the Majesty 3 weeks ago, some of the passengers were complaining to us about all the "Eastern Europeans" and how unfriendly they were. I am of the opinion that maybe yes, they are not as smily happy like the Filipinos but when you chat to each one then you do get smiles, laughter and build up a friendship.

My neighbour went on his first cruise last month -on the Majesty- he said there was noticeable friction between the crew from Philippines and the East Europeans.

We have just returned from a week on the Dream- there were at least three East European waitresses, but they were much friendlier and cheerful than the East Europeans I encountered on Majesty last year- in my opinion.

I just love the waiters and waitresses from the Philippines/Indonesia etc, they are so full of fun - especially the Dream Girls (boys) in the crew show lol. Geoffrey in Delo Bar was doing his sexy 'moves', cheered on by well oiled passengers, late on Friday night- cartwheels and backflips!

Edited by Flopsy

Flopsy we were talking to some of the waiters on the Majesty about their work and if they knew some of the waiters on the Dream or swopped about a bit from ship to ship. We got the impression that the Majesty waiters are Indonesian. The Maitre D is from Jamaica and he gave a speech joking that "yes we do all look alike to you" Only he could get away with saying that ha ha .

Flopsy we were talking to some of the waiters on the Majesty about their work and if they knew some of the waiters on the Dream or swopped about a bit from ship to ship. We got the impression that the Majesty waiters are Indonesian. The Maitre D is from Jamaica and he gave a speech joking that "yes we do all look alike to you" Only he could get away with saying that ha ha .

Yes we find it hard to distinguish one nationality from another- they speak such good English. The captain said they have crew from 43 nationalities!

Hi all, having a lovely day in Corfu town before our 9pm flight home! The entertainment has improved! Africa on Wedesday and West End Wonders last night (including Les Mis and Richard as Master of the House). Both seen before but still brilliant :)

One of the waiters from Ukraine has befriended us and we have nominated him for an Oscar.

Herculaneum was good , but the guide did not speak good English, so missed a lot of the information.

Lipari was absolutely beautiful, but sadly Crotone was not!

More when I get home

Linda I was pleased to see the return of Africa. I first saw it on the Dream in 2011 but not since then, I wonder if they are rolling it out to all their ships. They didn;t have Les Mis on 4 weeks ago buty I enjoyed the US theme show: "Coming to America" or something like that.