Barcelona

I am planning to pre book ticket for Sagria Familia for when we are in Barcelona on the 19 June. Any ideas for how much time I should allow to get their using Metro from the berth where the Dream docks. Thanks

Hi,

If and it's a big if everything goes to the time schedule then I would leave at least an hour.

But why not visit somewhere else first to make sure you don't miss your time slot, the Sargarda is a must see place, simple an amazing building, weird and wonderful.

Depending on where the boat docks its a fair old walk just to the first subway station out of the dock, then it depends on the time of day and the crowds doing the same things as you, that's why I would get a cab to the Plaza Cataluna and take a stroll along Las Ramblas, grab a snack and see the sites then take the subway later in the day.

There is also the cable car or the Olympic port to see, 3 open top bus routes it really is a great city.

Don't miss the Sargarda though.

28SAC

The Dream usually docks at the world trade centre terminal, this is about 10 minutes walk to the bottom of La Ramblas. If it docks at the main cruise terminal (would be very unusual) the port bus is €3.50 (AFAICR) return. That drops you at the bottom of Las Ramblas.

You would have to get the green line from Drassanes (It's just at the bottom of La Ramblas on the left) and change to the blue line at sants estacio.

I would agree with 28SAC and allow at least an hour.

If you are good walkers you could walk back to the Ship, going via the Arc de Triumphe, Mercat el Born, and maybe the old Cathedral, all are worth seeing.

Edited by joeholiday2