Staying overnight in St Petersburg

I'm very curious about whether or not you must have a multiple entry visa or not. I don't think I'd take the chance....probably best to just get multiple entry.

I have a one entry. I agree it would be better to get the multiple entry, but since I didn't we are just going to stay overnight. My boyfriend does have a multi entry visa and could get off and on the ship as much as he wanted

Edited by Carolla5501

Looks like you have it under control, but for the benefit of others, I have stayed at Comfort Hotel downtown and highly recommend it. Nothing fancy, but convenient and comfortable. Their driver to the airport took our luggage all the way in to customs. Nice!

We just returned from our Baltic Cruise that did an overnight in Russia. We did not have Visas but did have tours with a private tour company. We left the ship in the morning, then returned to the ship for dinner, the went out again in the evening and returned late. We had to search for Russian passport control officials to readmit us to the ship very late at night. There was no one around and we could have walked right through. We disembarked the next day and did our tour, then returned. We got off the ship and returned 3 times.

On the first day, they put a white slip of paper in our passport and collected it when we came back the first time. After that, there was no slip of paper. I wonder if this is how they keep control of how many times you get on and off the ship.

Don't know if this narrative would apply to you as we had our tour ticket, or visa waiver, from a tour company. But we did get off 3 times.