Halloween on the High Seas cruise?

chiquita177

Hi everyone- we have placed on hold a 2 day Disney cruise in October departing from San Diego, California. It is a "Halloween on the High Seas" cruise so it is all Halloween-themed. It is almost completely sold out. We have a 5 and 2 year old. Has anyone sailed on the Halloween themed Disney cruises before? Is it overly crowded/chaotic? Is it worth it? We are basically paying $2000 for 4 of us in an oceanview room. It departs Friday at 4:00pm and returns Sunday morning. Opinions???? Sounds super fun, but not sure if it's worth the hefty price tag for 1 1/2 days.

IMHO, it is not worth the time and effort for a 2 night cruise unless you live down the street from the port and there is some reason that this is the only cruise that works for you.

As to being "sold out," these cruises are not at their penalty date yet. I spent over a year trying to upgrade to a balcony on a September cruise that was "sold out." One day after the penalty date, every category on the ship is available including ALL of my top 4 favorite cabin choices! People canceled their booking just in time to avoid the penalty.

DCL does everything it can to have a full or nearly full ship on all cruises. No, it is not crazy or chaotic. And all October cruises will be Halloween themed...again, not chaotic. I would pay more for a longer cruise or wait to see if specials become available as the penalty date passes. Sorry, can't see $2K for 2 nights....which is really 1 1/2 days.

Edited by moki'smommy

I can't speak to the short duration of the cruise, but we sailed on the Dream last Halloween and the theming is really great! We loved it! You can see pictures and read my review at the link in my signature. Have fun!

I sailed on a short Halloween cruise last year (three or four nights, I forget). The Halloween stuff is wonderful, but some of it might be overwhelming for the 2 yr old. Your 5 year old will likely love it! They also try to pack a bunch of stuff into a short cruise, so we had pirate night and Halloween on the same evening with people changing costumes multiple times. It's not a packing light vacation.

That said, it's a lot of money for one or two nights. You'd likely get more bang for your buck on a longer cruise. But you'll certainly have fun if you do go!