where do you find out...

lilyfrog73

One thing to consider about looking on their website is I don't believe they list all rooms that are available at one time. In other words, they release only so many rooms at one time on the website.

I don't know this to be fact but I am fairly confident.

One thing to consider about looking on their website is I don't believe they list all rooms that are available at one time. In other words, they release only so many rooms at one time on the website.

I don't know this to be fact but I am fairly confident.

I have heard this too. I looked at the rooms available for our cruise which is over 11 months away and it only listed 5 lowest level insides for both decks 2 and 3 combined. Now it must be 4 since we booked one of the rooms!:rolleyes:

Lilyfrog,

You will not know how full your ship is using normal methods. Most cruise lines keep this secret to keep the competition from figuring it out and also to keep people from holding off to book until prices drop because of poor bookings.

If you are booked during a summer month or during a school break the ship should be pretty full. If you were on a Voyager class ship, since they are newer and larger, you would find it pretty full most of the time. The Majesty is popular with people who are attempting to find out if they like cruising and people catching a few days at an opportunity. That makes it iffy.

Usually, if you want to figure out if the ship is filling up zip over to Travelocity and check to see what cabins are available for your cruise. If you find unavailable categories, or less desirable cabins offered, then you might conclude that your cruise will be full.

You can't call RCI and ask them how many kids are going to be onboard. Of course they are not going to disclose that information...it is private.

We had one of the people on our cc board last year for our April Jewel sailing talk to their contact at RCL and he found out how many kids were on our sailing as well as how they broke out in the age groups.

Susan :)

Thanks RiverRev for yor response.

As far as everything else, I don't really care about kids being on board. That wasn't my question. I have a bunch at home and I always find a quiet place so I don't find any reason why I won't be able to on a cruise ship. I saw on some other boards that some people could see how booked the ship was so I was just curious. I know the Majesty is an older ship and after reading some reviews, many don't give her a good rating. For my first cruise, I plan to enjoy myself no matter what the carpets look like and was just hoping there was plenty other "cruisers" to have a great time with!

I did find on another board for anyone interested that on icruise.com you can see a lay out of each deck plan and available rooms will flash. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate but it is a general idea.

Archived