How to do Mount Gay Rum tour AND beach?

Domergirl

I've been to Barbados on cruises twice. The first time was my honeymoon, and DH and I did a "rum tour" that included a tour of the Mount Gay distillery and then some stops at beach bars to drink rum. The second time was in February, and we had our 3 daughters with us, ages 11, 10, and 4. We went to the Boatyard and had a blast.

DH and I are going back on a cruise this July, without the kiddos. We'd like to do a combo....go to the MG distillery, but still have some beach fun. Would even be happy to end up back at the Boatyard. I don't have a great concept of how far away stuff is...I guess we could just taxi to MG and back, drop off our rum bottles at the boat, and then head to the Boatyard.....but I'm wondering if there is some tour out there that accomplishes MG and beach with a little less hassle???

Thanks for any recommendations!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We just walked across the street and then down a block or so to Weisers beach bar. The beach was gorgeous but quiet, not a lot of people until around lunch time, food was fine in the restaurant, good rum punch. Chairs and umbrellas were cheap, we will go back again next time. However there was no party atmosphere if that's what you are looking for. We were looking for uncrowded beach with quiet lo :)