Digital Photo's

Cordaline

Once again I am jumping onto the back of this message to ask the same about QM2. Do they offer a facility to download photos onto a CD so that you can free up memory and if so what do they actually need (any extra cables or just the memory card??). I know that on the P & O ships they offer a service. It costs something like £4.95 initially and then any others that you add to the CD are added free. Mind you considering a CD costs about 10p and all they need to download is about 15 minutes (probably less), they are making quite a profit!!

Elaine

No, you cannot use the computer room to down load your digital photos. The computers do not even accept a floppy or CD. You can use the Photo Shop and have your photos downloaded to a CD. It's fast, easy and I don't remember the price so it obviously wasn't anything horribly expensive. You can choose the photos you want to save on a disc by using their monitor. We've also been having our photos printed as we travel along on QE2, the quality is good, again the price is not horrible although something higher than at home. It's nice to print as we go so we can write on them while it is all fresh. Plus fun to come home with all of that done, ready to share.

One point to remember is that if you only have prints made to small sizes, i.e. 10""x8" or smaller, and your camera allows you to change resolution, you can set a lower one and get more on your storage medium. And memory is relatively cheap now it is always worth taking some back up.

David.

Your better off printing them directly from the memory card -- when they put the image on the cd the digital file is compressed. The photo lab on QE2 did a really nice job with ours and charged around $.50 a print. It's nice to see the photos as you go.

whylion

Archived