Questions on Promo's/Upgrades and how best to take advantage

GrumpyGoose

I'm taking my very first cruise on the Pearl in a little over two weeks. When my wife and I first booked, there weren't many perks or promo's available to guests in an inside state room. I think we got some small amount of on board credit. Upon looking at the site again, I see inside state room guests can choose from $50 of shore excursions, soda packages, wifi credit, or free specialty dining. Is it possible to take advantage of those promo's having booked previously?

Second, and what originally prompted this post, is an email from NCL trying to up sell us on Suites or a Balcony. I guess they still have enough left over that they would like to get rid of. They're offering a Balcony upgrade for $300 per person and I'm tempted to take advantage of it as the upgrade cost of $300 + the price we booked for originally, is still not the cost of a balcony on NCL's website at this time.

I was just hoping to hear someone's thoughts on this. Is it a good price for an upgrade? If I wait will it get cheaper? If I do upgrade, can I then take advantage of balcony promo's to include the ultimate beverage/ultimate dining package?

Please share your thoughts - I would have gone with the Balcony when we first booked but it was nearly $600 more per person which made it unfeasible at that time. Now, it looks a little more obtainable.

If you want the upgrade please call them immediately or you may miss out. We were called by our TA and were offered Spa Suites for $750 PP. We were not able to change our promotions from what we already had but our TA threw in $150 more in OBC since we were in a more expensive cabin.

I would ask if you can get the better promos, they might do it, they just wouldn't do it for me.

Bon Voyage!

Edit: Oh and since you are inside of the final payment deadline you won't be able to change your promos without upgrading (if that will even be allowed in your offer).

Edited by vicocala

For future reference: if final payment had not passed you could cancel and rebook to take advantage of the new promos.

Don't think they will give you new promos for upsell, though would not hurt to ask. Comes down to how much you want a balcony cabin. $300 pp from inside to balcony is not a bad price, but would you rather use that $$ someplace else like while in port or on drinks and specialty restaurants.

For future reference: if final payment had not passed you could cancel and rebook to take advantage of the new promos.

This. BUT when one rebooks to get current promotions, the price also changes to current price, so one must be aware if the price has changed between original booking date and rebooking date - in many cases the prices rise to cover the extra costs from promos (not always though).