Spa room thoughts

junglecat

What are your thoughts on Spa rooms? The good, the bad and the ugly, please and thank you.

The floor plan, including the balcony size, is identical to every other room of the same category on the ship.

The soft goods are a little nicer - sofa, bed covers, towels, etc. The robes are a little nicer, and there are slippers that will fit up to about a size 9 man's foot.

There are hotel-size bottles of Elemis shampoo, shower gel, and conditioner. There's also a little spritzer of freshener for your pillows or something else you want to smell nice.

My experience is that the locations are a little quieter. But they're high up at the front of the ship, so if you're very sensitive to motion, you might have an issue. (I haven't.)

If you're interested in using the spa a good bit and are planning on booking a room on Lido or Panorama deck, it's worth the extra money to book the spa cabin - otherwise, you'll pay more for your cabin plus the weekly spa pass than you would have if you booked the spa cabin in the first place.

I've stayed in them twice, think they're a nice treat.

i think the best way to respond is to start with the included features / amenities:

Cloud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Spa accommodations will have exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities and will receive a wide array of special offerings. good!

Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter). good!

Unlimited access pass to Thermal Suites: good!

· Dry Heat Chambers (Lanconium and Tepidarium) good!

· Steam Chambers (Oriental and Aroma Steam/Aromatic Grotto) good!

Unlimited access pass to Thalassotherapy Pool facilities good! (but not on all ships)

Two (2) Pathway to Yoga or Pathway to Pilates fitness classes per guest good! (but would only use it if included, and even then still might not)

Exclusive to spa stateroom guests only, take advantage of the 20% off your first, 30% off your second, and 40% off your third service discount for treatments booked and received while the ship is in port. good! (if you plan to book spa treatments, and are willing to do so while ship is in port)

Two (2) Body Composition Analysis metabolism tests good! (because it's free, but as above would only do it for that reason)

One (1) DIY Self Scrub Kit for use in the Thermal Suite good! (though i'm not even sure what that is, or why they wouldn't give you one pp)

Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise good! (sounds nice but i rarely use robes anyway)

Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner good! (it's gotta be better than their standard stuff, and conditioner woowoo that's fancy ;))

Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion good! (elemis is good stuff, and as above, gotta be better than the normal gel)

One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk good! (surely better than that cheap white stuff with SOAP written in black letters)

really i don't see anything 'bad' or 'ugly'... plus the decor is 'upgraded' and more 'soothing'.

location is good on a high deck, and close to lido, etc. some may say bad because they prefer lower floors for motion sickness type reasons...

all in all, i think it is much more good than bad or ugly.

Loves spa rooms! The above posters gave you some great information. Another benefit is that you don't have crazy kids running up and down the halls. It's really quiet up there but when you're ready for some action you're just steps away from Lido deck.

Loves spa rooms! The above posters gave you some great information. Another benefit is that you don't have crazy kids running up and down the halls. It's really quiet up there but when you're ready for some action you're just steps away from Lido deck.

Unfortunately, we had kids running up and down the hallway pretty regularly. We did a B2B last month and the first week on deck 7 aft was much quieter than the second week in the spa cabin. That is just a crap shoot of who the guests are, but there isn't anything that says families can't stay in these.

We used the spa facilities some every day. I wouldn't pay for a spa pass, but it worked out that the spa room only cost us $40 more than our previous room, so it was worth it.

What are your thoughts on Spa rooms? The good, the bad and the ugly, please and thank you.

LOVE LOVE LOVE SPA CABINS ALL I BOOK. its a short walk to the fwd balcony and a short walk to lido deck. and the spa perks help too!!

ITA with the Cloud 9 spa lovers; if there were spa quad OVs we would book them on all ships with Cloud 9 regardless of the t-pool equation- not on Sunshine. We don't pay the extra for the spa balcony, or any balcony, since we don't use the balcony much as a family now that the kids are older. The balconies were great when our kids were younger and slept in longer; we had early breakfast or just coffee out there while our twins slept in their early days. We will likely never do a spa quad interior again, as they are reportedly slightly smaller than a regular quad. Regardless, we don't do the bunks over our beds...the OVs give us that sofa space for the children and keeps them off our bed. Since we almost always travel now with our 2 boys, that leaves us with the option to purchase the weekly pass in the Cloud 9, which is what we do on embarkation day. I wish the purchase option was available at booking time!

As far as spa amenities, we both love the Cloud 9 relaxation rooms. On the Breeze, the waiting room is almost the width of the ship and has forward facing windows. This is really the treatment waiting room, but it is also where you can grab a tea or cold lemon or orange water before moving into the restricted spaces. The ships are all slightly different- Sunshine has the smallest rooms, but it is still a restricted space so usage is limited and less crowded. The complimentary scrubs are great before you go in the steam room. If you love Serenity, you will likely love Cloud 9. The T-pool on Dream and Breeze are wonderful, especially if you have any arthritis or joint issues- the warm water is very soothing. Over 18 is a plus; the kids can't argue with us over being allowed to spa. It's our time.

We LOVE the Spa balcony cabins too!

It is the only cabin we book when they are available.

I love the quietness of the corridor and that we are so close to the

pool deck.

Also, LOVE that we can walk almost across the hall from the cabin we always book and enter the Spa. Me and my daughter always take our showers in the Spa.

Much larger showers and makes it easier when there are 3 girls in one cabin trying to get ready for dinner at the same time.

I have never used the Spa perks, but do like the Spa gels, shampoo/conditioners that are in our room.

I've never recd the sheet spa though.

The only thing I don't care for is that the Spa balconies don't have a cover.

So the ppl from the deck above can look down onto your balcony. ANd you have full sun on the balcony.

I guess I'm not familiar with what a spa pass is or what it costs. Our PVP told us easy access to the spa and the free so a shampoos, gels etc but that was about it. Can someone explain a bit more of what to expect? Thank you!!!

Edited by junglecat

This is only for ships that have the Cloud 9 Spa.

If you get a Cloud 9 Spa cabin this is what you get:

Cloud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Spa accommodations will have exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities and will receive a wide array of special offerings.

•Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter).

•Unlimited access pass to Thermal Suites:

· Dry Heat Chambers (Lanconium and Tepidarium)

· Steam Chambers (Oriental and Aroma Steam/Aromatic Grotto)

•Two (2) Pathway to Yoga or Pathway to Pilates fitness classes per guest

•Exclusive to spa stateroom guests only, take advantage of the 20% off your first, 30% off your second, and 40% off your third service discount for treatments booked and received while the ship is in port.

•Two (2) Body Composition Analysis metabolism tests

•One (1) DIY Self Scrub Kit for use in the Thermal Suite

•Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

•Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

•Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner

•Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion

•One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

Important Things to Know

•Spa staterooms are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

•Only the 1st and 2nd guests in a Spa stateroom will receive the amenities; 3rd and 4th guests and are not entitled to amenities.

•18 is the minimum age for body treatments and use of the Thermal Suite.

•Hair, nails, facial services and the fitness center can be enjoyed by guests of 13 years and older, provided they are accompanied by their parent or guardian for service and booking.

•Charges apply for the Thermal Suite area for those guests in Non-Spa staterooms.

If you stay in any other cabin and get a pass, this is what you get:

For guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom but would like to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, we offer day and week long passes that can be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa.

· Daily Pass: $40 per guest

· Passes for Cruise Duration:

Ø 6-day cruise: $139 per guest / $239 per couple

Ø 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couple

Ø 8-day cruise: $159 per guest / $268 per couple

Ø Europe Cruises: Prices will vary depending on duration of the cruise