Do I need to bring duct tape?

youngtraveladdict

I love this question! I must admit, I've never thought of it myself. However, that being said, I did cruise on the Majesty during a very rough storm on the way back from Bermuda once, and the only problem we had was that the bathroom door kept opning and closing all night long. It seemed that, because of the movement of the ship, the door latch did not work very well. No problem with drawers, however. Sure could have used some duct tape that night! LOL

Duct tape is almost as useful as Windex. :D

Duct tape fixes everything. If nothing breaks you don't need it. I have in fact carried duct tape on many cruises. It came in handy only a couple of times.

Once the cabin steward was trying to fix the vacum house with masking tape it would not work. Duct tape to the rescue.

On another cruise packing up the last night my GF's suitcase zipper broke. Duct taped the bag closed and made it home.

I could have used duck tape on the hair dryer in the bathroom that kept coming apart on past cruises!! good idea, I'll Pack that this october 23rd on our cruise to Bermuda on the older ship MAJESTY. HAPPY SAILING ANNE

This is a humorous story about duct tape. We sailed for the first time on the Majesty in July and packed duct tape, not knowing what we would ever use it for, but because everyone said it was so useful. We used it only once during the cruise - when we were dressing for formal night, I discovered I had forgotten to pack my strapless bra, and the formal dress I brought was unwearable with my normal bra. My husband ended up duct taping my straps together in the back, which enabled me to wear my dress. We laughed about our unconventional duct tape use - which saved the day for me!

Haha, it has never occurred to me to bring duct tape. I've also had to deal with an annoying door falling open in the middle of the night. But wouldn't NCL staff be annoyed with passengers duct taping drawers or doors since duct tape leaves a sticky residue? :p

WD40 removes that residue. no problem :D

Better you get to sleep then NCL has to break out the WD40

I've never packed duct tape and never had the need for it. I make sure my hems are in good condition, my luggage isn't cheap (also, I don't overpack to burst the zipper) and I've never had drawers or doors bang around at night.

I suppose I've been lucky.

I always pack with the thought in mind that if I have to ask what it is used for, I probably don't need it.

I've never packed duct tape and never had the need for it. I make sure my hems are in good condition, my luggage isn't cheap (also, I don't overpack to burst the zipper) and I've never had drawers or doors bang around at night.

I suppose I've been lucky.

I always pack with the thought in mind that if I have to ask what it is used for, I probably don't need it.

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Duct tape is very useful and because it takes up no space why not carry it just in case. Stuff happens. Duct tape can help.

I also take bungie cords-just 2. It was useful to have one on the Oosterdam as the verandah door opened out rather than a slider. Attaching a bungie to the handle and then to the side of the separator panel on the verandah allowed the door to stay completely open. They can also be useful if there's an emergency at sea...I can just bungie off the side.

Just back from the NCL Spirit. Took the duct tape, but didn't use it. But, it will go along the next time just in case. I also did not use the Wrinkle Release - didn't have wrinkles as I packed with tissue paper. Didn't use the tiny flashlight either - or the sani-wipes. But, they too will go along the next time. This sort of item is useless right up to the point where you desperately need it. So, if you have the room in your luggage, bring along whatever you need to make you feel comfortable and ready to meet an emergency. I did use my needle, thread, and small scissors to replace a button, and the Fabreze to freshen the room.

Bring the Duct Tape Along!!

SailAways :)

:p I brought duct tape on my July Miracle cruise after reading about the uses on the boards. We used it to tape a hard sided suitcase closed. Apparently TSA did't know how to open it-- Broken side closure. Also used to secure tops of shampoo, etc. Nothing leaked. Thanks for the tip.

Archived