Cheers program - wait time between drinks?

AandBmom

The problem I had was getting 1 shot of rum in a tall glass of diet coke. It made no sense to me that I could order a drink with 3 shots of alcohol, fruit juice, etc., but not rum and coke in a tall glass. I wrote to John Heald and have a reply back from him saying that he talked to the head of beverage department and it is okay. I will be taking the note with me on my cruise in September. Wish me luck. lol

Same thing happened to me on my cruise on the Conquest last year. DW and I like to drink "Angry Balls" (a shot of Fireball Whiskey in a glass of Angry Orchard beer) but in order for both of us to get one at the same time we had to order our beer first and then wait 5 minutes to order the shot to go with it. This really puzzled us because they wouldn't give that to us in one drink because they said it was "multiple" drinks yet you can get a Long Island with like about 6 different alcohols in it and that counts as 1 drink! :rolleyes:

Edited by vacruisin

and there are people who order them unopened, 5 minutes apart in the morning to do the 'reverse smuggle' to places like HMC where people take a beer off the ship

HMC=?:confused:

they do not wiave it, i had medical docs pregancy papers from our last cruise and they said we both had to purchase it, because the package is not only alcohol its also soda and smoothie/ virgin drinks as well

I couldn't get it waived when I was pregnant either, but I have talked to people on fb who claimed they got it waived.