Divi Resort Question

donlb

Has anyone from a cruise ship done this excursion? Do you really have the run of the facility? I've yet to get a good answer. I would not bother with the beach, but would like to use the pools, bar, etc... it looks fantastic on their web site.

I did the Divi Little Bay Beach Resort Excurstion in July while in St. Maarten. I don't remeber getting access to a pool. The nice padded beach chairs are for guests of the resort and cost $5.00 per chair if you want to upgrade. It includes a lunch (was ok-BBQ chicken, salads, etc) and 2 drink coupons (used for pop or rum punch). The showers were really bad...only one worked. The view and water were awesome...truly the best beach throughout our Eastern Caribbean cruise. Don't urinate in the water there, there are fish that..you know. The bar was good--lots of liquor for the price. However, you would take a taxi for $4.00 a person to the resort, use the same chairs as everyone else (No one cares that you are not with the RCI excursion), bring a lunch, pay for drinks, you can save some money.

We overslept and missed the bus to Divi, but caught a taxi and went in to the resort with no problem. I would say that if you ordered sandwiches from room service aboard the ship late the previous evening and put them in your refridgerator you could spend alot less than the excursion prices.

Archived