Couple of questions on Carnival

mafiadon

I haven't cruised on Carnival since 2009 and was wondering if Carnival allows you to bring two bottles of wine on board like RC and do they still open the dividers to balconies. On our recent RC cruise last month they wouldn't do it, they told me they were no longer allowed to have the dividers open for safety reasons. I'm not sure what kind of safety reasons those could be but they would not do it. If anyone could help with these questions I would really appreciate it. Thanks Linda

Agree on the wine

As of this past February/March they were still opening balconies on Glory, Breeze and Splendor.

We entered the hallway to find the senior gentleman next door to us arguing heatedly with his cabin steward. Didn't know at the time what it was about but steward looked stressed and gentleman was saying that this was ruining his entire vacation.

Later the steward took us aside and asked if we wanted the dividers on our balcony opened. We said, "no", as we didn't know our neighbors.

Turns out we had a cabin between the gentleman and his daughter and he wanted both dividers open so they could use our balcony to go back and forth between their cabins! lol

I haven't cruised on Carnival since 2009 and was wondering if Carnival allows you to bring two bottles of wine on board like RC and do they still open the dividers to balconies. On our recent RC cruise last month they wouldn't do it, they told me they were no longer allowed to have the dividers open for safety reasons. I'm not sure what kind of safety reasons those could be but they would not do it. If anyone could help with these questions I would really appreciate it. Thanks Linda

I can help with the divider. As long as the two cabins have a divider that opens, you can request it be done.

Which ship/cabin #s? I'll see if I can find info more for you.

I am on the Splendor and in cabin 8448 corner wrap and our friends are in cabin 8450 right next door to us. Thanks for any help

According to goccl.com, the divider cannot between your and your friends' balcony cannot be opened. It likes like the dividers on either sides can be, but that won't help.

Cabin 8448 9C 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: 2 windows and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: 8446

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV: telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, chair and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Smoking permitted on balcony only; on cruise departures 10/09/14 and thereafter, smoking will not be permitted on the balcony.

Cabin 8450 8N 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and aft-view extended balcony connecting balconies: 8452

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV: telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Smoking permitted on balcony only; on cruise departures 10/09/14 and thereafter, smoking will not be permitted on the balcony.

Edited by stargate fan

Agree on the wine

Later the steward took us aside and asked if we wanted the dividers on our balcony opened. We said, "no", as we didn't know our neighbors.

Turns out we had a cabin between the gentleman and his daughter and he wanted both dividers open so they could use our balcony to go back and forth between their cabins! lol

Now THAT's funny!

You gotta wonder about some peoples' thought processes! (or lack thereof)

Edited by srlafleur

Agree on the wine

As of this past February/March they were still opening balconies on Glory, Breeze and Splendor.

We entered the hallway to find the senior gentleman next door to us arguing heatedly with his cabin steward. Didn't know at the time what it was about but steward looked stressed and gentleman was saying that this was ruining his entire vacation.

Some people have a lot of crust. That is just incredible that someone whould expect that. I don't get it. Takes all types I have always heard. I wonder if the daughter booked it that way to have some privacy of her own.

Concerning the dividers:

Yes, you can have them opened if you and your neighbors both request it but you want to request it as soon as you see your room steward because they only open a limited amount and it has to be BEFORE sailaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...