NCL Getaway Balcony set up

VegasMIGolf

Anyone know what the mid-ship 9th floor balcony set up is like? Is the bed next to the door wall or is the couch? I have seen pics of both set ups.

Any other hidden spots we should know about?

Where your bed is will depend on which room you have. You can look at the walls of the rooms on the deck plan to see where the bed will be. Here's the link to the deck 9 cabin layout: http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-getaway-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=651&deck=9

If you look at cabin 9212, you will see the one wall has an indented portion in the middle of the wall. The beds will have the headboard where these indentations are, so for 9212 the bed will be closer to the door, but the room next door, 9214 has a protrusion where the room 9212 indent was, so the bed in 9214 will be to the side of this protrusion, near the balcony. Just look for the indent. If it's in the middle of the wall, the bed will be by the closet. If the wall doesn't have an indent and actually protrudes into the room, the bed will be next to the balcony. I came across a web site that provides detailed cabin information, including whether the bed is near the balcony or not but don't recall it at the moment. I'll look for it and post it if I find it. What cabid did you get, or are you still trying to decide which to get?

Don't know of any hidden spots, but the rooms with the angled balconys have a bit more room (9244, 9844).

Edited by Sandman799

After writing the above response I tried to find the site that listed specifically where the beds are located but wasn't able to find it. I did however find several posts on here stating the deck diagram for deck 9 on the Getaway may not be accurate, so don't hold me to what I wrote above, as that's assuming the cabin wall depictions are accurate. Best to let us know what cabin number you have, and let others that may have better knowledge of that cabin or a neighboring one answer the question, or look at cabin reviews in case that one has a review. One poster went by the deck plan and what the NCL rep told him, but the cabin did not have the bed where he expected it to be. He complained and got the last 3 nights in an unsold Haven suite instead!

Your sofa will be next to the balcony and your bed will be in the middle of the stateroom.

The bed is where the recessed part is in the wall. It should not be next to the door, the closet door, yes, cabin door, no.

We just got off the Getaway and found the deck plan for our stateroom to be spot on.

Hidden spots? For you or for storage? For you, you can hide in the closet. There's enough room! Depends on what or who you are hiding from LOL

Edited by Im_on_a_boat

Thanks for the guidance Sandman799. I am in Cabin 9180 and have been told that the bed is next to the balcony but...

What I'm_on_a_Boat says is true IF the deck plan is accurate, as it shows 9180 with the wall rescessed in the middle, so this is where your bed would be. That puts the sofa near the balcony and your bed between the sofa and closet. If someone told you 9180 has the bed by the balcony, be advised that is not as it's shown on the deck plan, but the deck plan has been inaccurate at times. You'd be best off trying to find someone who actually stayed in that room, or failing that, generally the rooms alternate where the bed is, so your bed should be in the opposite location as those in your neighboring rooms, 9178 and 9182, both of which look like the beds are by the balcony, by the deck plan at least. When I found out mine was not near the balcony I was able to call NCL and confirm where mine was and move to another cabin since there were others still open and not booked at the time. Go on line and see if any of the same category rooms are still available through any booking agency, give NCL a call, and ask to be moved to one where the bed is by the balcony, and hope they're going by an accurate deck plan. Good luck!!