Thanksgiving on Disney Dream or Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas?

soonergirl8

Hi.

Obviously, I know that this board will say Disney, but I did want some advice. We have taken 2 cruises on the Disney wonder and 1 on the Disney Dream. Our last cruise was almost 5 years ago.

We will be in Orlando with family the weekend before Thanksgiving. Our kids are not into rides (only me haha), and at ages 12 & 8, we think the Disney World crowds and lack of interest in characters rules out Disney. I was looking at a 4 night cruise since we will already be there.

We can do Royal Caribbean for about $2500 for a balcony cabin although I can't seem to figure out how a family of four fits in those cabins. For $3900, we can do an inside cabin on the Disney Dream. Obviously, this is a lot more, but I wonder what you guys think.

Would love your thoughts. Have missed this board!

Honestly, for the price difference I would "skip" Disney. Know what else? You could get an inside cabin on Royal for under $1800 for all 4 of you. I don't want to be a jerk here, but don't believe that DCL is worth double the price. Yes, I love the service, the CMs, the entertainment on DCL, but I really believe they have priced themselves beyond reality.

That said, 11/12 was our worst age on DCL. There are more physical things to do on Royal. Yes, you'll pay for a soda package, but so what? There is a part of me that can't believe I'm saying this, but I really think that Disney needs to get a grip on reality. I don't doubt that they will sell out on this holiday cruise, but I think their prices are ridiculous.

$3,900 sounded wrong to me so being the "that can't be right" kind of guy, I looked myself and someone else can now not believe me. Cost for 4 for the least expensive interior the way I'm seeing it for the Nov 23rd sailing (4 night) is over $4,600!!!!

Two cabins if they split up would be over $5k!

You should have booked when it was only $3,900 (tongue firmly in cheek, shaking head). If they can fill the 4 ships at these rates, the suits and the stockholders should expect nothing less.

FWIW - just booked the Dream yesterday for a 3 day, Jan 22nd for about $1,300 for two of us for an aft balcony and winced a bit at that.

As for your question (the main point after all), I would be also a vote for the Enchantment. I think the age of your kids they would enjoy it every bit as much if not more.

Edited by nacdcruiser