Honeymoon Cruise.

bigscrb15

Well, I am about to pop the question to my girlfriend of 3.5 years. We have talked about it before and would love to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. We went on a cruise together(with 23 of my family members) on the July 3rd Miracle. I am wanting to get some tips/advice on whether or not the same ship would be good for a honeymoon or is there one alot better? We have nothing to compare the Miracle too, but we absolutely loved it and would love to go again. We liked the staff, ship, service, and ports of call. Of course money is a factor. I don't want a SeaDream Yacht Club cruise. Also, on our July cruise I was in a room with my cousin and they would not unlock the minibar for us because he was under 21, even though I am over. Will they unlock it for us on our honeymoon even though she won't be quite 21 yet? I really do appreciate any advice you can give.

I am doing a honeymoon cruise in 38 days with my fiancee...

As long as you don't pick the same things to do you should be fine... Some people will tell you to switch to eastern from western or do southern...

My advice is to find places you would like and your finacee would like as well.

My other tip, save for the biggest room you can afford ( you will want the extra room - since you will spend a good portion of it in there ) ;-)

Why would you want it unlocked .. costs a fortune to buy those mini bottles.. bring your own !!:D

True, I was planning that anyway, its just kinda nice to have incase I wanna switch up and have something other than Jack and Coke, lol yea right nevermind ill never switch.

Just make sure that the beds in the cabin DO convert to a queen/king. There are some rooms that do not.

We were on a Princess cruise for our honeymoon. When we got to the room, the beds were still set as twins. Hmmm, this is not right, we thought. Went to the purser's desk and asked for the beds to be made up together. Sorry, no can do. :eek: These beds do not move and no other rooms available.

My husband has not forgotten and it's been 7 years.

Happy Honeymoon. :D

We took our first Carnival cruise 5 years ago for our honeymoon. We only did a 4 day because we were afraid we would not enjoy the trip. We are divers and used to a full week in Cozumel. We had so much fun that when we returned we sounded just like the commercials, the food, the fun, the sun, the ship, the staff the FOOD. When asked if we would do it again we said no way 4 days is just not long enough.

We have opted for balcony rooms since that first ocean view and never regret the additional money. No need to fight for a deck chair when you have you own balcony.

There are alot of newlyweds on board. PLEASE do yourself a favor and arrive a day early. The stress of the wedding and then trying to catch a boat a few thousand miles away can be pretty overwhelming. it can be done but man it takes a toll, you need a few days and a few foo foo drinks to recover.

You will love Carnival, we are waiting for our 6th in 5 years we are so hooked!!

I personally want to try as many different ships as possible, and different routes. But that is just my opinion. One thing I would suggest is to book a balcony since it is your honeymoon. You may want to spend quiet mornings and evenings out there together and it will be worth the extra money. Congratulations! She will say YES won't she?;)

Archived