Absolute must "good eats" in Montego Bay

jennifer1t

Hubby and I decided that we will use this Port as our "stay on the boat and relax all

Day" port.

Is there an absolutely awesome, don't miss it, gotta eat at it restaurant in Montego Bay that would be worth getting off the boat for. We will be willing to disembark for some good food!

Thanks!

Jennifer

The Pork Pit has been our favorite for many years. It is located right on the hip strip near Margaritaville. Just a short cab ride away ($5.00 pp?). You could combine it with Doctor's Cave beach for the day and walk to the Pork Pit. Then grab a cab back to the pier.

A short drive east of Montego Bay is Scotchie's. Another of our favorites.

I prefer scotches much more than pork pit....well thats if you're looking for authentic jamaican food. Its about a further 10-15 mins drive away from pork pit...but to me its more than worth the extra time. Much better quality food....IMO.

Not too far from the terminal you can also check out Jerkies... thats not too bad as well. Hope you enjoy your stay here.....even if you will be spending most of it on the ship lol :P

The Pork Pit has been our favorite for many years. It is located right on the hip strip near Margaritaville. Just a short cab ride away ($5.00 pp?). You could combine it with Doctor's Cave beach for the day and walk to the Pork Pit. Then grab a cab back to the pier.

A short drive east of Montego Bay is Scotchie's. Another of our favorites.

This is what we plan on doing. We will be taking the hop on hop off shuttle & going to Dr Caves, Hip Strip, & pork pit. 1st time in Jamaica. Thanks to this site, I have my day planned.

When we were in Jamaica last week, we spent the day at Doctor's Cave beach (at the recommendation of our head waiter) and we just ate at the restaurant on the beach while we were there. I can't remember if the restaurant has a name, but DH and I shared the jerk platter and it was delicious! They have individual plates as well, but I wanted the jerk chicken and DH wanted jerk pork, and the platter came with both plus jerk sausage (which was fantastic), fries and these delicious things called festivals. It was more than enough food for both of us and we couldn't finish it all, and I think it was about $23.00 U.S. for the platter, which seemed reasonable. They also had a good selection of cocktails and non-alcoholic smoothies. I got a cocktail called the frozen Bob Marley and it was very good, though a bit pricey ($10.00 U.S.). I don't know if it's something you'd want to go out of your way for, but if you're going to be near Doctor's Cave you may want to give it a try. This was our first time in Jamaica so we don't have any other restaurants to compare it to, but we were very pleased. If you decide to go, there is a cost of $6.00 U.S. to get on to the beach, but it's a beautiful beach and the waters are very calm and great for swimming and snorkeling. You will be approached by vendors on the beach (even in the water), but for the most part they were polite when you said no thank you and left you alone. The vendors just outside the port in Falmouth (where we docked) were a lot more aggressive.

Edited by AndreaDH91483