How to include screenshot in Price Protection Form

sweetcurves

Ok I've got my form all filled out and took the screenshot of the Fare Viewer showing the reduced fares. I pasted the screenshot into paint and saved it as a jpg. Now how do I attach the jpg to the form? All there is is a spot for the web address where I found the lower fare (Fare Viewer) and then a "comments" box.

I've done PPFs before but it was years ago and I don't remember how to include the screenshot!

Someone remind me, please? And then I'll go on feeling like an idiot because I'm sure it's very simple. :D :cool:

Also, the cabin I have booked is a 4J (interior with picture window, walkway view). When we booked it, we received a $100 cabin credit as part of the sale that Carnival was offering at that time.

How does all of this factor into the price drop? If I do a mock booking for the same type of cabin, it's less than what I paid but the credit is up to $50 per cabin, not $100. It's all very confusing. Should I just submit the form with the screenshot and hope for the best?

Ok I've got my form all filled out and took the screenshot of the Fare Viewer showing the reduced fares. I pasted the screenshot into paint and saved it as a jpg. Now how do I attach the jpg to the form? All there is is a spot for the web address where I found the lower fare (Fare Viewer) and then a "comments" box.

I've done PPFs before but it was years ago and I don't remember how to include the screenshot!

Someone remind me, please? And then I'll go on feeling like an idiot because I'm sure it's very simple. :D :cool:

Also, the cabin I have booked is a 4J (interior with picture window, walkway view). When we booked it, we received a $100 cabin credit as part of the sale that Carnival was offering at that time.

How does all of this factor into the price drop? If I do a mock booking for the same type of cabin, it's less than what I paid but the credit is up to $50 per cabin, not $100. It's all very confusing. Should I just submit the form with the screenshot and hope for the best?

You don't need to include the screen snapshot with the form. If they deny it, then you can forward the screen snapshot as an attachment.

If you got the $100 OBC as part of a rate not booked onboard, you will lose it when you price match to another rate. So, you would be trading in your $100 OBC for a $50 OBC.

What you need to do is figure out what the bottom line cost is. Say your cruise is $1200 with the $100 OBC. To be beneficial to you, the new bottom line would have to be below $1150 with the current $50 OBC.

I hope this helps.

You don't need to include the screen snapshot with the form. If they deny it, then you can forward the screen snapshot as an attachment.

If you got the $100 OBC as part of a rate not booked onboard, you will lose it when you price match to another rate. So, you would be trading in your $100 OBC for a $50 OBC.

What you need to do is figure out what the bottom line cost is. Say your cruise is $1200 with the $100 OBC. To be beneficial to you, the new bottom line would have to be below $1150 with the current $50 OBC.

I hope this helps.

I figured that's how it would work. Now I have to do math...dang it!

Ugh...so what I initially paid is the better deal. So I shouldn't have submitted those forms. Crap, now what do I do?

you ignore the current offer and keep checking to see if another offer provides you a better deal. I am currently doing that on 2 bookings myself. I usually check twice a day.

And sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you have someone there to take care of you.

you ignore the current offer and keep checking to see if another offer provides you a better deal. I am currently doing that on 2 bookings myself. I usually check twice a day.

And sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you have someone there to take care of you.

But I submitted the forms already...so if they approve them, doesn't the change just happen? I'm sorry, I don't remember...it's been two years since I did this last.

Ugh...so what I initially paid is the better deal. So I shouldn't have submitted those forms. Crap, now what do I do?

There is nothing you can do now. In fact, you may wind up paying a higher amount.

Maybe you should have waited for an answer here before submitting the "price drop" request.

Maybe you will get lucky and whoever processes your request will realize it is actually a higher amount.

Several people have gotten approved for their price drop request that actually resulted in them paying more. When they tried to get it fixed, they were informed, they were the ones who put the request in.

But I submitted the forms already...so if they approve them, doesn't the change just happen? I'm sorry, I don't remember...it's been two years since I did this last.

they should deny it since your current rate is better. You may want to call Carnival now and ask them since you don't really want to make the change

they should deny it since your current rate is better. You may want to call Carnival now and ask them since you don't really want to make the change

Problem solved. Agent said it would get denied if it's not a lower rate but also made a note in my booking that I did not wish to proceed with the request.

Thanks for your help snc_cam! :D

Problem solved. Agent said it would get denied if it's not a lower rate but also made a note in my booking that I did not wish to proceed with the request.

Thanks for your help snc_cam! :D

you are most welcome curves... hope you feel better soon!!!!