Breakaway Aft Balcony....

My husband and I are fresh off the Breakaway....we had an aft balcony on deck 9....the balcony was FABULOUS! HUGE!! Loved it!!

BUT....we have stayed in many aft balcony cabins and NEVER experienced noise and vibration like we did on the last two nights of this cruise....

It was smooth sailing leaving NY and heading to Bermuda....no problems....but we were awakened around 6am Wednesday from loud noise and unexpected vibration as we pulled into port....I figured it was just the usual noise for pulling into port...no biggie...

But the last two nights of the cruise, coming home to NY were the worst I had ever experienced on a cruise ship....Friday night there was noticeable noise and vibration....I thought maybe because the ship was moving faster to get back to NY (??) But Saturday night was horrible!! We returned to our cabin around 11pm-ish....put our luggage out and hopped in bed....OMG, I felt like I was sleeping in the engine room! The noise and vibration were the worst I've ever experienced....I could only compare it to trying to sleep through an earthquake....

Sunday morning, I tried to voice my complaint at the Guest Services desk and was answered with 'I am so sorry maam....you should have called someone'...What?? I should have called someone at 3am?? For what??

Needless to say....I am a little put-off about this....I would never expect that much noise and vibration on such a new ship....

Has anyone else had this experience??

Yes we had exactly the same experience last October. We were in 10912 aft Haven suite with the huge corner balcony.

The 3 nights from NYC to Bermuda was a breeze. But the 2 nights from Bermuda back to NYC were horrendous. The extra speed caused everything to vibrate. Glasses in the cabinets and hangers in the wardrobes were clanging continually and the movement was the worst I've experienced on a cruise ship and the sea was pretty much flat and calm.

I wouldn't do this cruise again for this reason. It was unpleasant.

Edited by timmo44
Addition

Stayed in 9318 last year. No noise or vibration. The only time I have experienced noise and/or vibration in an aft cabin was cruising down the Mississippi on the Spirit.

How did you like that cabin overall? Is the balcony as huge as I have read? We will be in it in July and I am super-excited! Could you see the fireworks well from the balcony? Thanks in advance!

Yes we had exactly the same experience last October. We were in 10912 aft Haven suite with the huge corner balcony.

The 3 nights from NYC to Bermuda was a breeze. But the 2 nights from Bermuda back to NYC were horrendous. The extra speed caused everything to vibrate. Glasses in the cabinets and hangers in the wardrobes were clanging continually and the movement was the worst I've experienced on a cruise ship and the sea was pretty much flat and calm.

Oh boy we are booked for a haven aft suite on deck 11 I am hoping this doesn't happen to us on the way home from Bermuda! :eek:

How did you like that cabin overall? Is the balcony as huge as I have read? We will be in it in July and I am super-excited! Could you see the fireworks well from the balcony? Thanks in advance!

We loved it so much we booked again the day after we got off.

Yes, if you stand at the rail you can see the fireworks no problem.

The balcony was huge, 2 loungers, 2 regular chairs and 2 tables. We ate breakfast out there every morning to watch the sunrise and had cocktails every evening before dinner, just watching the wake.

It happens sometimes without predicability. I'm sure there's some scientific answer as to why. We noticed it when we were up in the Garden Cafe and I commented on it to my husband. It was really bad for us on Epic - so much I got sea sick from it.

We loved it so much we booked again the day after we got off.

Yes, if you stand at the rail you can see the fireworks no problem.

The balcony was huge, 2 loungers, 2 regular chairs and 2 tables. We ate breakfast out there every morning to watch the sunrise and had cocktails every evening before dinner, just watching the wake.

Thanks so much! I really can't wait to see it [emoji1]

It was pretty unbelievable.....we have never had that experience before....and I was quite put off by the poo-poo treatment I got at the desk....

The balcony itself was pretty awesome....but I don't know if I would book it again.....and if I do.....and it vibrates like that again...YOU BETTER BELIEVE I WILL BE CALLING THE DESK AT 3AM!!!